So what did you do with your truck today?

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hoisted the front end of the motor home up to remove the wheels to get new rubber out on. While I did that I noticed she started a little extra hard, and had a bit of a miss. It went away once it got up to operating temperature. Any ideas what this is? Worn injectors? Air intrusion from leaky returns? IP?

I took a video.

Edit: no, that dead patch of grass is not from the exhaust. That’s from the power steering leak on Big Dusty.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loading the truck up for a 630 mile drive over the next couple of days. May well be the farthest the truck has ever been from home. Have to spread it out since pregnant wife is cutting into my travel distance between stops. At least having the camper in the back makes it easy to find a rest area. The way lockdowns are going I suspect this may be our last long vacation before the kid comes along.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loading the truck up for a 630 mile drive over the next couple of days. May well be the farthest the truck has ever been from home. Have to spread it out since pregnant wife is cutting into my travel distance between stops. At least having the camper in the back makes it easy to find a rest area. The way lockdowns are going I suspect this may be our last long vacation before the kid comes along.
Just got back from a trip through Southern Utah and Southern Colorado (Zion and Mesa Verde areas). We found most RV Parks are open (small towns), also did a bit of boondocking on BLM and Forest Service land. Carry extra masks and be patient.

Make sure to keep up on local restrictions, for instance New Mexico requiring visitors to do a 14 day quarantine... however you can't get more 'socially distant' than camping out in a National Forest [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip through Southern Utah and Southern Colorado (Zion and Mesa Verde areas). We found most RV Parks are open (small towns), also did a bit of boondocking on BLM and Forest Service land. Carry extra masks and be patient.

Make sure to keep up on local restrictions, for instance New Mexico requiring visitors to do a 14 day quarantine... however you can't get more 'socially distant' than camping out in a National Forest [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah we have places booked going from Oregon into California and back. Planning to have everything loaded up in the camper for the whole trip so should only visit places for fuel. A little worried that rules will be changing as we go in both states though the way cases have been going.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauled a yard of 1.5 stone for some new planters. Approx 2600lbs. Plus my tool box and auxiliary fuel tank.

The overloads hadn't seen that much weight...probably ever. The tires had 50psi in them and it would have felt much more planted with the full 80psi.

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since I’m not hauling the camper to the rally and back, I’ve been hauling lumber.

At least I’m getting something done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7