So what did you do with your truck today?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine to work. The truck seems to get started a lot easier than I do on mondays. Thinking I’ll pull the motor this weekend and fix some leaks that I basically caused when I had it apart last summer, and clean up/paint the engine bay. I like this truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

rhythim

Reaction score
They say you can't polish a ****, and while I agree, they also never said you couldn't try. Wasn't much paint left on it to begin with and I probably cut off half of what was there, but it at least brought the Canyon Red back a little bit.

And yeah, the hood is terrible, but I can't make up my mind whether or not to paint it or leave it be. What i'm NOT gonna do is paint the whole truck. My '67 Mustang comes first.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint looks good ^

I did a trans fluid swap today, and fixed a exposed wire on the tach sensor, the tach works yet again

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just a few more from the trip going north from the U.S. center. It's just a bridge, but I don't see them with anything other than a guard rail very often. Plus one is of the thunderstorm that decided to turn straight to the south and go west of where I was at. No, it's not a great picture, but I did take it out the window while doing 65 down the highway.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a few more from the trip going north from the U.S. center. It's just a bridge, but I don't see them with anything other than a guard rail very often. Plus one is of the thunderstorm that decided to turn straight to the south and go west of where I was at. No, it's not a great picture, but I did take it out the window while doing 65 down the highway.

That thing can do 65?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I felt like being the center of attention today so I went all the way. At least I was the center of all 48

did ya go on the coil ride

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
did ya go on the coil ride

Nope. I just got out, took a few pics and got back on the road. I had a friend waiting for me farther north. I didn't look inside the little chapel there either.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been on the forum for a few weeks, so this is kinda old news by now, but three weeks ago I installed my new wicked wheel on my stock turbo. That wicked wheel sure worked good for about a total of a minute thirty seconds :joker: Because the wicked wheel isn’t dynamically balanced with the rest of the rotating assembly, it caused enough vibration to work the 12 point nut off the compressor shaft, which then allowed both the compressor wheel and turbine to contact their housings and do some “custom” clearancing, while bending the compressor shaft at the same time. Basically my turbo is completely ruined :joker: so I called @Thewespaul and ordered a gtx3582 drop on turbo. It should get here so this week I hope. I really need to get my truck going, it’s been down for almost 4 weeks now.

here is a before and after picture of the wicked wheel:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
which then allowed both the compressor wheel and turbine to contact their housings and do some “custom” clearancing,
Unfortunately, all of the shavings from this have gone through your engine. That never leads to anything good unless you like a lighter wallet. Which is why I won't do my own work on turbo internals. I just don't know enough about it to feel confident.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More using a stock trailer for nothing animal related. Helped my grandma move all her furniture from storage, and then hauled some table frames for my grandpa.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New oil cap and radiator cap. Previous ones both had ripped gaskets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I thought you said in another thread that you don't have a tach. ???

You have the sender but no tach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online