So what did you do with your truck today?

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old powersmokes were respectable trucks. It's almost the same engine minus the computer, so it's not too surprising for our IDIs to outdo them, with a little hod-rodding.

Edit: hot-rodding, that is.

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved a little backhoe for my buddy. I’d been trying to run the rear tank dry. I succeeded.

LOL

This boys and girls is one of the many reasons to run electric lift pumps. It died before I got it switched and picked back up but it cranked on the first try which was good because I was sitting in the road.

Now to screw up the nerve to pull the bed and fix the float.

[emoji17]

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a small diesel backhoe down in VA, used the old black brick to haul it home. Approximately 240 miles, it did OK, certainly wasn't over powered for the job. Some of the hills I had to pay attention to the pyro. Pleasantly surprised at fuel prices in WV were $1.89!

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This what happens when you don't confirm your flip ball is locked in place. Had a Goose neck trailer on and was loading my manlift, come up then back down to make the hole. Lesson learnt always double check to make sure is locked in place. Did not make me any to happy, but could of been worse, now just to fix it.
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a small diesel backhoe down in VA, used the old black brick to haul it home. Approximately 240 miles, it did OK, certainly wasn't over powered for the job. Some of the hills I had to pay attention to the pyro. Pleasantly surprised at fuel prices in WV were $1.89!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, I took the truck to pick up the T-shirt that's a gag gift for my niece's 8th grade did-you-really-graduate-if-you-didn't-finish-out-the-school-year? gift. She's 14 and,like most kids her age, seems to want to sleep all the time. I got the idea for this gift on my way back home from visiting the family last Christmas. She also likes to drink coffee :)puke:) so when I found this coffee cup/mug/tumbler (whatever it's called), it was just a bonus. It perfectly describes (sarcasticly) how she acts first thing in the morning. You know, it's hard being the one who has to come up with all types of different ways to pick on her, but it sure is fun! Admittedly, it's mostly for the entertainment of me and her parents, but that part doesn't matter.

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn’t do anything to my truck, more like got more things to do later.

got a 92 parts truck. 7.3, 3.55 ZF5 4x4 with a banks sidewinder kit. My plan is to replace the T19 in my truck with the ZF5 and transfer case for now, and 4x4 swap it later. I towed this sucker 270 miles with my 2000 Tundra. That was a looong drive.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was sitting in traffic with the a/c on, trying not to fall asleep. Thought to myself about how far the truck has come since I bought it. It is a nice feeling knowing you saved something from rotting away.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since it's supposed to rain tonight, and the yard needed to be mowed BADLY, I decided that was going to be my project after work. I started mowing and I made about 1 1/2 rounds around the yard and the belt that runs the blades jumped off. I tried to put it on three times before I saw a spot about 3" long that only had the outer layer holding it together. The "v" part was missing. So I got into the truck and headed out so that I could get to the closest Snapper dealer (which is about 25 miles away) before they closed. Naturally, this is almost one block east of where I picked up the T-shirt last night.-cussBefore I went home, I filled the truck with diesel and got something to eat at the gas station so that would be taken care of. When I got home, I got the belt put on and the blades wouldn't cut very tall grass. I forgot that I put on a 1/2" shorter belt last summer to take care of that problem.:frustrate I got under neath the mower and looked around. Finally, I found a spring that had come loose and another one (to tension the belt when the blades are engaged) was stretched. I hooked up the loose one, amazed that it had been riding around for who knows how long like that. I cut a piece of wire and anchored that so I could it to put more tension on the stretched spring. Then I FINALLY got to finish the mowing and weed eating. You know, I can work on one of these trucks all day without a second thought. I can work on dirt bikes, ATVs, and street bikes with relative ease. Then I almost get my tail end handed to me by a freaking lawn mower! I guess it's about par for the course!:shoot:

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it's supposed to rain tonight, and the yard needed to be mowed BADLY, I decided that was going to be my project after work. I started mowing and I made about 1 1/2 rounds around the yard and the belt that runs the blades jumped off. I tried to put it on three times before I saw a spot about 3" long that only had the outer layer holding it together. The "v" part was missing. So I got into the truck and headed out so that I could get to the closest Snapper dealer (which is about 25 miles away) before they closed. Naturally, this is almost one block east of where I picked up the T-shirt last night.-cussBefore I went home, I filled the truck with diesel and got something to eat at the gas station so that would be taken care of. When I got home, I got the belt put on and the blades wouldn't cut very tall grass. I forgot that I put on a 1/2" shorter belt last summer to take care of that problem.:frustrate I got under neath the mower and looked around. Finally, I found a spring that had come loose and another one (to tension the belt when the blades are engaged) was stretched. I hooked up the loose one, amazed that it had been riding around for who knows how long like that. I cut a piece of wire and anchored that so I could it to put more tension on the stretched spring. Then I FINALLY got to finish the mowing and weed eating. You know, I can work on one of these trucks all day without a second thought. I can work on dirt bikes, ATVs, and street bikes with relative ease. Then I almost get my tail end handed to me by a freaking lawn mower! I guess it's about par for the course!:shoot:
Lawnmowers are like a silent killer. They’re way too over engineered.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a winch bumper, also ordered zd9’s and a 6.0 plug harness. If anybody has a winch bumper on their bullnose, I’d love to see how it mounts to the frame. I’m gonna have to modify this because it’s off of a highboy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online