So what did you do with your truck today?

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I installed my Classic Diesel Designs glow plug relay, harness, FoMoCo starter relay, and 8 ZD9 FoMoCo glow plugs.

Truck started nearly 0 smoke and in 2-3 seconds, can’t recommend this setup enough. Will post cold start video in the morning. Well worth the $

You must be registered for see images attach

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I did with my truck today was gain a new appreciation for the mechanical beast. I took a load of junk to the dump in my boss’s “ranch truck”, which is a 92’ f250 4x4 with a 460 under the hood. That thing is GUTLESS! With 1000 lbs on the flatbed, it could barely hold 60 mph on the freeway, where the speed limit is 65. Then just as I got back to the ranch, my boss called and said that a bull got stuck in a swamp and asked me to hook up his chipped and tuned 01’ Cummins 24 valve up too the stock trailer and bring it over. Of course, I was like “ Oooo, a Cummins!” Maybe I’m just spoiled, but I was disappointed LOL My 94’ mechanical dinosaur can out pull that Cummins easy. And then I got to drive my truck home and pick up a loaded dump trailer on the way( trailer grossing around 4500-5000lbs). I just blasted home easy as you please up the mountain grades in my “outdated” beast of burden, perfectly contented :Thumbs Up

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! How much did your insurance give you for it?
No word yet but I'm sure its not worth even finding out and the bank/person I'm getting it off of will get the cash I've dumped alot of cash in the truck just made me sad a mad but it's a truck and I'm alive and no one got hurt plenty of others out there

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
My 94’ mechanical dinosaur can out pull that Cummins easy.
My opinion is that while the Cummins is a good engine, they're overrated. Every time that I've come across one that "pulls anything that you can hook to it", it never seems to live up to the hype. I've even been told that you can get double the horse power plus 10 more MPG out of a 12 valve for just a few hundred dollars. I have yet to run across someone who has done it. Then there's what you have to buy to get one. That's another thing entirely. I think that I'll just stick to my old, "outdated" IDIs.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tacked up the 3 inch downpipe for my turbo. Also finally put in some 1 inch blocks in the rear to level it. Good progress today

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do anything very exciting with my truck. Today was the first time in over a week that it was sunny and dry so I drove over to my garage to mow the grass. I used it to move a couple of trailers. I used it to jump start my F150 since the battery was low. Then I used it to jump start the lawn mower for the last time. I have the mower battery in the bed all ready to be a core tomorrow when I go to Wal-Mart to (hopefully) get another one. If not there, I'll go to Orscheln to get one. I was right. Somebody REALLY screwed up when they made this battery. It's 6 years old going by the build sticker.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tacked up the 3 inch downpipe for my turbo. Also finally put in some 1 inch blocks in the rear to level it. Good progress today

Man I love the look of your truck. Great stance.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do anything very exciting with my truck. Today was the first time in over a week that it was sunny and dry so I drove over to my garage to mow the grass. I used it to move a couple of trailers. I used it to jump start my F150 since the battery was low. Then I used it to jump start the lawn mower for the last time. I have the mower battery in the bed all ready to be a core tomorrow when I go to Wal-Mart to (hopefully) get another one. If not there, I'll go to Orscheln to get one. I was right. Somebody REALLY screwed up when they made this battery. It's 6 years old going by the build sticker.
I forgot to mention that I also shut off the valves that let coolant go through the heater core. I think I'm finally done with that for a few months.:Thumbs Up

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my cruise control today, turns out it was just the contacts in the button. I took apart the button casing, and put a little screwdriver under the metallic strip to bend into a curve. Seems if the contact isn't "springy" enough it wont connect properly.

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally in the process of getting my coolant changed. I've had new stuff sitting in the jugs for almost two months. I was out of commission for three weeks last month while recovering from the stupid virus so I've been trying to get caught up with everything since. Last night I drained out the old green stuff and filled it with water. Going to run a couple of drain and refill cycles with distilled water to get all the old stuff cleaned out before changing over to ELC.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to figure out some wiring yesterday. Had an issue where it was grounding out really bad. While the truck was down me and my buddy went to grab some food. Got to drive his 96’ 7.3. To say the least, I have a new respect for my truck. I didn’t expect that PowerStroke to feel slower Than my idi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7