So what did you do with your truck today?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say that it depends. Do you want Mom to drive it more often? Then get the 33's if you want to keep her out of your truck, maybe even go up to 37's.LOL
No if I went to 37’s she’d drive it more, she’s no stranger to these trucks LOLHer first car was a single cab idi that my grandpa used as a feed truck lol

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I did do an experiment with my truck today. It was about 80* so I tried to start it without using the glow plugs (it's on manual control). Sure enough, it started. I've done this at 95*+ before, but never this cool. The starter had to crank the engine for long enough that I was about to stop and use the glow plugs, but it started right up with no issues before I stopped cranking.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I drove Diego to town for fuel. First time it's stretched its legs in months other than the parking lot next door.

Temp looked a scootch higher than before, but I had suspicions about this radiator not cooling super well, hence putting the new aluminum one in the tow pig. It's not running hot at all, just a little higher on the gauge. I really need to get a real gauge LOL

Ran great, cruise isn't working for some reason now..... I actually just changed the brake booster today so I may have bumped something. I had suspicions it's starting to leak just a little bit.

Fun fact. If the pedal pushrod is upside down the brake switch gives you fits. If you flip it around correctly it falls right into place! :frustrate

I think I just need to adjust the rear brakes now. Maybe I'm just used to the hydroboost in the dually LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, after work, after putting tire sealer in a tire on my small tank sprayer so a neighbor could borrow it, after talking to him for a while, after talking to another neighbor for a few minutes, I decided to dismount the tires on my truck and turn them so that the correct (yellow) balance dots are lined up with the valve stem like they're supposed to be. I was only going to do the rear ones since I had backed it up in front of my garage, but while I was airing the second tire up, I decided that I was on a mission and did the front two as well. After all of that, I sure was ready to head home. All I can say is Oh my God did that ever make a difference!:Thumbs Up:cheers::rock:. Even on the not so smooth highway that leads home, I could tell that there was a lot less vibration in the truck. Now, I'm just kicking myself for not doing this a lot sooner. Three of the tires were off just a little bit, but one was about 180* off. This was the farthest that the three were off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I cant find any pre bent brakeline kits for a 1989 f250 supercab. Every other model configuration pretty much. Is there a cross reference I'm missing? Closest I can find is non supercab long bed that I was thinking may work

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

just make your own , not hard , keep your old one , will cost you 20$ for the line and then 30 for the tool to bend it,

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I haven't even bought the bending tool. I've just used my hands in the past. If the brake line is too long, I've put a loop in it. Not the best way, but it still worked just fine.

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a pendaliner and clearer taillights off a f250 in the junkyard.

Cruise control went out on the way back though :( always something with these trucks huh? So I ran through the vacuum lines, and pulled apart the steering wheel. That all looked perfect

Time to crawl under the dash I guess!

Last edited:

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put White Trash to work over the weekend hauling about 20 tons of crushed rock. Not bad empty but it really struggles with the trailer loaded on the hills around here. Wishing I had a turbo but I can't be laid up without my truck this time of year and can't afford anything else right now so I'm going to have to try to make it through another year with it. Hopefully this winter I can do something different.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my '89 crew cab to the body shop today. A little Ford Focus or something like that darted out in front of me back in February, and the impact bent the passenger side frame a bit, and pushed the radiator support back far enough that the front doors won't open - the fenders are pushed back just a bit. I pulled a replacement headlight off my F-Superduty, because he wanted a headlight on that side so he could tell when the radiator support is straight.

The body man will put it on his frame machine and get the frame and the radiator support straight, and get the doors and hood to open. Then I can drive it again while I scrounge a new front clip.

ABNORDY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liat charging and brakes today, Alternator belt $4it the bed. Replaced all four belts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I finally got to drive my truck on a fairly smooth highway after turning my tires on the rims to the correct spots. All I can say is :Thumbs Up! It's not quite a Cadillac ride, but it's not too far off. Now my balance beads can do their job instead of fighting the tires. The not quite perfect ride is probably because the two rear tires are a little low on balance beads. I lost some out of one during the mounting last fall and I lost some out of the other while trying to air the other one back up the other day. Overall, I'm pleased enough to say that I'm NEVER going back to paying someone to put tire weights on my wheels. In fact, I'm getting ready to put some in a couple of new motorcycle tires when I put them on this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online