So what did you do with your truck today?

ABNORDY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in whitehall IV spent some tome in Livingston

Where you at now
Yuma AZ, when I drove truck I would go through Whitehall to do drops at Twin Bridges then head to Dillon. I remember seeing an old AUTOCAR Truck parked in Whitehall, always thought is was pretty neat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I went to town for the first time in a couple weeks to fuel up (diesel is at $2.25 now). This is the first time in the last two weeks the truck wasn’t dragging my dump trailer around, so this is the first test of how well my new cowl induction air intake works under normal circumstances. It’s actually really interesting how it affects the temps and boost at 55mph in fifth gear. Just cruising on the highway my egt is down to 400* with 2.5-3 pounds of boost. The real interesting thing is that a few times there were some wind gusts and I saw the boost jump to 4psi in the wind and then drop back to 2.5-3 psi when the wind gust passed. Also, before the cowl setup I only got around 1 psi just cruising. So it appears the cowl induction creates about 1.5-3 psi under “normal” circumstances

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I went to town for the first time in a couple weeks to fuel up (diesel is at $2.25 now). This is the first time in the last two weeks the truck wasn’t dragging my dump trailer around, so this is the first test of how well my new cowl induction air intake works under normal circumstances. It’s actually really interesting how it affects the temps and boost at 55mph in fifth gear. Just cruising on the highway my egt is down to 400* with 2.5-3 pounds of boost. The real interesting thing is that a few times there were some wind gusts and I saw the boost jump to 4psi in the wind and then drop back to 2.5-3 psi when the wind gust passed. Also, before the cowl setup I only got around 1 psi just cruising. So it appears the cowl induction creates about 1.5-3 psi under “normal” circumstances
With an NA, that would equate to easier breathing.

Now I am contemplating doing that to my truck...

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Dane Rickford so essentially you get more boost in a headwind thus cancelling itself out? Nice
Exactly. I’m pretty happy with how the intake works. My stock turbo hits 11psi with 950 egts pulling the grades now. It’s wastegated at 11, so it would easily would go higher, but then the cold side compressor wheel super heats the air it’s pushing into the engine which kinda defeats the purpose of the cowl. So it’ll stay at 11psi till I get an upgraded turbo, pump, and head studs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.