So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm going to go pull the one out of the parts truck and look it over really well and go from there.

That sucks!
I feel your pain brother...
We got to find some time for a phone call! Tell Crystal Marketa and I say hello!

Will do!

Wouldn't be as much trouble if there was a known good choice for a replacement. Instead every single brand has several "yeah it started leaking after a year"

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to go back to last June in my pay pall account, and I was wrong about it being Champion brand:rolleyes: turns out the brand is Speedy Daddy. Here is the link to it:https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-83-94-...-3-ROW-ALUMINUM-RACING-RADIATOR-/202625363957

Like I said, I can’t say anything about it’s durability because I just haven’t put a ton of miles on it, but it keeps the beast cold.....even after a quart and a half of oil ran through it when my oil cooler blew:joker:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re on a budget, get the cheapest one off amazon. They cool better than the stock ones and tend to last 2-3 years, which amazon covers a free replacement without you having to ship the original back.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re on a budget, get the cheapest one off amazon. They cool better than the stock ones and tend to last 2-3 years, which amazon covers a free replacement without you having to ship the original back.

Wes, any experience with Mishimoto? Definitely considering cheapo but wondering if it's worth the investment.

ABNORDY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The photo I posted was bought off Amazon

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes, any experience with Mishimoto? Definitely considering cheapo but wondering if it's worth the investment.

Just put a Mishimoto in my STI and it was super easy to install, build quality is great, and it kept the engine cool enough through all my tuning that the fans kicked on only once every 30 minutes (double the time of stock).

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put a Mishimoto in my STI and it was super easy to install, build quality is great, and it kept the engine cool enough through all my tuning that the fans kicked on only once every 30 minutes (double the time of stock).

Well I can't justify a huge expensive radiator for the daily driver, but it would be a welcome upgrade for the tow pig, and there's nothing really wrong with the radiator in the dually. It's a little corroded, and I have some eventual upgrades in mind that it might need better cooling anyway.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the sti. I’m thinking about getting one eventually

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m selling my 2004 currently. Can’t bring it on the move and don’t drive it enough.

Can’t beat the sound and reliability. Biggest issue with the boxer engine is anything more than 18 psi on the stock internals. Anything pre 2015 had the unequal length headers giving them the rumble. Third Subaru now and love em.

Old ones are easy to work on once you remove most of the plastic stuff! Spark plugs are a pain though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance