So what did you do with your truck today?

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today at work, the pickup we use to pull the gooseneck flatbed was down. Suddenly the dumb old idi parked out front became everybody's favorite:Thumbs Up slapped a magnet logo on the door and hauled ass. Didn’t get any pictures :/
I love it when that happens! A couple of weeks ago I almost got to pull a 2015 Dodge 5500 tow truck off the grade because it got stuck in the snow trying to get a car out. They ended up getting 2 tow trucks, 5 cars, and one highway patrol stuckLOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, man. I had forgotten all about those wings and boots.

I guess I'm showing my age. Those were the "thing" when I first got my license and started driving. They all also were available in some fairly loud colors, besides your basic, "classy" black. I remember quite the selection at the brand new (to my town anyway) AutoZone in 90-91......

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I guess I'm showing my age.
Not so much. I seem to remember them coming out in the very early 90's. I had already been driving for 4 or 5 years. Those things are the only wipers that ever disappeared off of my truck while driving. I didn't put them there and I replaced them fast after that.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a new set of shoes on the ole girl got rid of them nasty 16.5 x33 that were on her
You must be registered for see images attach
and my helper made it a point to point out the back woods tire patch that has held up better than a plug lol

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All new steering components ie tie rod ends, sleeves, drag link and center link. That funny scissor looking ball joint separator is worth its weight in gold. Didn't start out that way but as old rusted crap stripped and broke, well, you know the drill.
Replaced busted t handle on truck topper. Can actually lock it now.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@saburai

Well... I pressure tested the radiator from Diego today....

And she's still leaking. One place that could be welded, another that I don't think can.

Right in the corner there's another crack, just to the right of where I got it welded. That could be fixed.

But it's also weeping from somewhere up top here inside where the core meets the tank. That isn't something I can just have him patch up...

It's also pretty rusty here and although I don't see it leaking, I don't know how long it has left.

Super bummed but I guess I might be radiator shopping now. I'm considering the one in my parts truck, but the frame is gone so I can't imagine the radiator being in the best shape either.

@laserjock what issues did you have with the first champion radiator you had? I recall you saying they upgraded you or something?

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@saburai

Well... I pressure tested the radiator from Diego today....

And she's still leaking. One place that could be welded, another that I don't think can.

Right in the corner there's another crack, just to the right of where I got it welded. That could be fixed.

But it's also weeping from somewhere up top here inside where the core meets the tank. That isn't something I can just have him patch up...

It's also pretty rusty here and although I don't see it leaking, I don't know how long it has left.

Super bummed but I guess I might be radiator shopping now. I'm considering the one in my parts truck, but the frame is gone so I can't imagine the radiator being in the best shape either.

@laserjock what issues did you have with the first champion radiator you had? I recall you saying they upgraded you or something?
That really sucks:/ I got a new radiator last summer for $160, and it works awesome, I have yet to hit 215 degrees. If it was me in your situation, I think I would get a brand new radiator, but that’s just my two cents

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That really sucks:/ I got a new radiator last summer for $160, and it works awesome, I have yet to hit 215 degrees. If it was me in your situation, I think I would get a brand new radiator, but that’s just my two cents

What brand was that? I've heard pretty crappy reviews of the cheap aftermarket rads.

If I end up buying a new one I'll buy a GOOD one and put it in my dually and then put the other one in Diego.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online