So what did you do with your truck today?

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what brand it was. It was a 2 inch by 40 ft roll of fiberglass wrap. I got it for $6 off an eBay auction, new. I know I should have bought a name brand wrap, but it’s only temporary for me. I plan on ceramic coating the exhaust as soon as my budget allows. Here is a link to the same stuff, also on an eBay auction, for $6.50 free shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264679864487

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could try spraying some Scotch Guard in the wrap after you install it. That may help keep the water out. I have no idea if it will evaporate off from the heat.

I know they sell a silicone spray for header tape, don't know how well it helps but at least it's designed for the heat.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I mocked up a cowl intake for the truck:
You must be registered for see images attach

Tomorrow I’ll hopefully be able to install it. This setup should keep my egts well below 1150 when I’m towing. At least I hope so LOL

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I resolved the wheel bearings, pads, and rotor on one side tonight other side gets the same treatment tomorrow. That grease was grainy and NASTY!

Also, shot a coat of paint on the caliper.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I mocked up a cowl intake for the truck:

Tomorrow I’ll hopefully be able to install it. This setup should keep my egts well below 1150 when I’m towing. At least I hope so LOL

That looks good! Where did you source the filter housing and flex pipe?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The filter housing is actually a modified one gallon bucket :joker: and the flex pipe is two pieces of the air system off of an old Chevy 350 dad put in his crawler. Nothing goes to waste hereLOL

That's cool! I'm all for repurposing things. Care to share some details turn on the filter housing? How did you modify the bucket? What did you use for a filter element? Thanks man:Thumbs Up

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel here is $2.22 and of course my truck decided to die at my job and or sure what is causing my starter to just sounds like a zip gun alternator is good gp's are a yr old and not many miles and this black plug by the ip keeps falling out from under star screws.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, the custom cowl induction intake on my truck is finished. For the filter housing I used a one gallon peanut butter bucket, cut and cut a hole in both ends:

The lid of the bucket is double thick and slides over the air filter:

Then the bucket snaps onto the lid and a 4.5 inch flex pipe leads to a flattened 4.5 inch flex pipe that popped through the firewall:

From the research I’ve done, this setup, in conjunction with my turbo, should have an effect similar to, but on a much smaller scale, as compound turbos and an Intercooler. It should help the turbo because the air is being forced into the turbo, and it should act kinda like a Intercooler because the air will be very cool. I haven’t driven it yet, but I’m excited to see how it does :Thumbs Up

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, the custom cowl induction intake on my truck is finished. For the filter housing I used a one gallon peanut butter bucket, cut and cut a hole in both ends:

The lid of the bucket is double thick and slides over the air filter:

Then the bucket snaps onto the lid and a 4.5 inch flex pipe leads to a flattened 4.5 inch flex pipe that popped through the firewall:

From the research I’ve done, this setup, in conjunction with my turbo, should have an effect similar to, but on a much smaller scale, as compound turbos and an Intercooler. It should help the turbo because the air is being forced into the turbo, and it should act kinda like a Intercooler because the air will be very cool. I haven’t driven it yet, but I’m excited to see how it does :Thumbs Up

Looks good! One recommendation I’d have is to replace the flex pipe with a rigid pipe. The reason being the the corrugation disrupts the vortex of of the air, and slows it down.

last summer I replaced my flex pipe with hard PVC coated in reflective tape, and believe it or not, it made a noticeable difference in how quick the turbo spooled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online