So what did you do with your truck today?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut & Split big load of firewood! Creeper gear & low range makes a nice ride out of the woods.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hate to ask this what yr is ur truck n I assume gas burner or was it swapped to diesel at some point.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to get a little nit picky, the title doesn't specify year, engine, or fuel type. It just asked about your truck.
True guess I should pm him my bad.

I a lighter note even though it been a lighting/thunderstorm moved my truck with the help of a trackco from early "80 since one of my rear tires is flat n was easier to use then a tow truck. Also discovered I need a new tensior pulley second one replaced in three years.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to ask this what yr is ur truck n I assume gas burner or was it swapped to diesel at some point.
Truck in pic is a 74 Highboy that I added dual rear wheels to. Then put a set of dual wheel adapters on the front. Built the flat dump bed for it back in 1998. Engine is a 1970 429 & 4spd trans. I have a 7.3 idi banks turbo engine sitin in the garage that I'd love to install, 429 works so nice, hate to screw with it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Truck in pic is a 74 Highboy that I added dual rear wheels to. Then put a set of dual wheel adapters on the front. Built the flat dump bed for it back in 1998. Engine is a 1970 429 & 4spd trans. I have a 7.3 idi banks turbo engine sitin in the garage that I'd love to install, 429 works so nice, hate to screw with it.
Oh, man! I had a 1971 429 in a 1975 F150. That thing would RUN!!! Back in 1998 (or so)I agreed to bring home a friend's sister's broke down 1989 Mercury Tracer on a Saturday. Got distracted and spent way too much time with the girlfriend. When I finally got the stupid thing loaded, it was about 11:30 at night. I was tired and wanted to get home. I still had about 30 miles to drive to get there. I started out at 55 (speed limit 55 on that highway). I had a mile to go until I drove through a small town. After the town, I pushed it up to 65. I kept easing the speed up slowly. I had a stop sign for a cross highway about 10 miles from where I picked up the car. At the stop sign, I said "F... it!" I put the hammer down until I was running about 115. I kept her there until I got home. I must have had the thing loaded just perfectly because I really couldn't tell it was back there. I know that it wasn't a big car, but still, I never dreamed of trying to tow a car on a trailer that fast.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finished plumbing the transfer pump and hose to the 100 gallon fuel rank in the bed. with a total of 140 gallons I think In good to go. The reason for this is: My son is a blind quadriplegic and requires equipment 24/7,, In case of an outage, I have two 1000 watt inverters for his medical equipment..... I know a portable generator will work but for how long? with the extra fuel I believe I can run 48 hours plus. Besides when I catch fuel on sale Im able to save money. Got a few more things to do but it will take a little time. Will send pictures later. Su Amigo: Mexicanjoe!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finished plumbing the transfer pump and hose to the 100 gallon fuel rank in the bed. with a total of 140 gallons I think In good to go. The reason for this is: My son is a blind quadriplegic and requires equipment 24/7,, In case of an outage, I have two 1000 watt inverters for his medical equipment..... I know a portable generator will work but for how long? with the extra fuel I believe I can run 48 hours plus. Besides when I catch fuel on sale Im able to save money. Got a few more things to do but it will take a little time. Will send pictures later. Su Amigo: Mexicanjoe!
Sounds like a good plan. I applaud your attention to readiness! I’ll caution you though, unless you have an extra alternator, you can’t push 2000 W. I went through this exercise trying to figure out if I could idle the truck and run the AC on the camper. Even 130 A 3G will only get you 1500-1850 ish W flat out. I would recommend hard wiring them as well with heavy cable. I like Anderson style connectors. I feel like it’s pretty likely that you won’t need 2k W and you have probably done your homework given the level of planning you’ve shown. Given the potential stakes, I felt the need to mention it though.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring to hoist unit complete! She needs some brake work and an inspection sticker to be complete. Then I'll clean it up and take some nice pics before my brother starts using it like a truck...

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
laserjock, we sometimes have rolling blackouts... the pumpjacks take up so much energy due to the drilling around here. my prep plan is just stopgap, we have places to go in case of long term outages. My inverters are true sinewave so they are safe for his electronics. I hope sometime soon I can find a couple of marine deepcycle batteries for cheap, and use my little solar charger to keep them topped up... you never know...... but all in all Im very happy with our set up.
I hope my truck will someday be reliable enough to travel 600 miles round trip to Fort Worth if we ever buy a camping trailer to stay overnight. You cant get a room during Janaury and February during the livestock show; and little britches has to have med equipment...... anyhow Ill post more info as it becomes available. su amigo: mexicanjoe!

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just did a set up for a guy at work and he had a 97 psd we did a dual alternator the second was a higher amp alt I think a 220 amp and I did 2 remote mounted batterys in his tool box and he was running a 4k watt pure sine powerinverter and used his high idle switch to help keep the batteries up he dropped by a few days later the cheapo battery isolator went out but he said it worked great for his camper

square1

Reaction score
A/C finally done and it is COLD! It's been so wet / humid / cool / busy here this spring it's been tough to get everything aligned to pull a vacuum and get all the moisture out of the system to put in a charge. Low to mid 80s temps in the forecast, it's ready just in time.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A/C finally done and it is COLD! It's been so wet / humid / cool / busy here this spring it's been tough to get everything aligned to pull a vacuum and get all the moisture out of the system to put in a charge. Low to mid 80s temps in the forecast, it's ready just in time.

Exactly! It's been the same here. Got mine done last night, just in time for mid to high 80's here all week!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2 tons of gravel in the bed. Truck was squatting some the slight hill doesnt do it total justice. Truck didn't even know it was back there unless I was going uphill at less than 1500rpms in 5th then it was falling on its face but 4th and wot and back to normal.

Got the firepit ready by the back porch.