So what did you do with your truck today?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed oil, installed drop pitman arm after 3 months of 4 inch lift and not turning left very well, and new power steering pump(that’s super noisy) and painted and changed valve cover gasket on passenger side, polished the mounting bracket because truck shows coming up just because

You must be registered for see images attach

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went junking yesterday and found a 91 super duty with all the goodies. Made a deal with the yard for the hydrobost and all the parts, pump, petal,and all. Back this morning to get the parts when it's not so hot, like to have bunt my hands on all the vehicles I climbed up on and over to get to the SD. Should have had some eggs they would have cooked real fast on the roofs of the vehicles yesterday. Hope we don't get into the wasps to bad today. Lots of spray for them is a must. We will see today will bring.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Get the block on the frame that replaces the rear antilock brake valve. It is a great test tool.
If possible get the white plastic fuel tank vents that pop into a grommet on the top of the fuel tanks. Will have both a 3/16 and 1/2 inch hose on each. Pickups just have the 3/16. This is the core part for a fuel tank vent mod. NLA from Ford.
Lastly be sure you get the hydro boost pushrod between master cyl and booster. Lastly the pin on the brake pedal is located different, get the pedal or the whole pedal box. Oh! And some folks have trouble with the brake light switch. Grab it even if just a sample.
Happy hunting!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Embarrassingly still inching along on brothers cab swap. Added some sound proofing to the cab floor before installing rubber mat. Also added new weatherstrip around door openings. She's really close to being DONE!

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the hydrobost has found a new home, it was a 88 SD not a 91 like I was told. Had to dig it out of the cutziu and the weather was nicer, overcast and humid. The bugs left us a long also, got the p/s pump still attached to the hydro m/c and the pedals also. Got the wiring harness for the water in fuel light relay to spice it in to the 86 harness. I wish I could upload the pictures will try later when I get some help.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the one way valve that I bought from Thewespaul. I couldn't even start it afterwards since I forgot to bring the keys with me and I wasn't about to make the 30 mile round trip to go get them. I'll bet it will still be there tomorrow. I'll be able to make up for this next weekend though. I'll be taking it out to Colorado for a three day camping and ATV riding trip!

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the one way valve that I bought from Thewespaul. I couldn't even start it afterwards since I forgot to bring the keys with me and I wasn't about to make the 30 mile round trip to go get them. I'll bet it will still be there tomorrow. I'll be able to make up for this next weekend though. I'll be taking it out to Colorado for a three day camping and ATV riding trip!
That check valve is a life saver plus I it gets cold it helps your cold starts a ton

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out the local NAPA sells "Liqui-Moly diesel purge".

I decided to fill the fuel filter with it and let it sit a little while.

I've run out of fuel a couple times, once was because the filter loosened up. Got thinking to myself "Hey, if I loosen the filter and wait until it dies it will be in the injectors by the time the air is purged so I won't have to guess if it's idled long enough"

Well... About the time I got the filter loosened it dawned on me that the lift pump is going to be filling the filter while I loosen it.... Ran over and turned it off and realized.... It's probably time I pick up the tools and call it a day LOL

I did drain the filter and fill it with the cleaner. Not sure if I should let it sit all night or just a few hours though, that's pretty strong stuff.

Just figured y'all could get a chuckle out of my brain fart LOL

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Embarrassingly still inching along on brothers cab swap. Added some sound proofing to the cab floor before installing rubber mat. Also added new weatherstrip around door openings. She's really close to being DONE!

Looking good. Are those aftermarket interior parts? Curious about quality of the dash and door panels. Mine needed a set since forever.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally fixed the power connector for my baby subwoofer, now my stereo setup is back to 100%. Then I tried to get my headlight relay setup going again, when I tried to disconnect the plug from the headlight bulb the entire plastic ring broke off the headlight housing. That plastic got super brittle in the last 5 years. I've got a new set of clears coming from LMC Truck now, so we'll see how theirs compare to the IPCW's I had before.

If anyone has a set of the amber tinted clear blinker housings, hit me up. I know they existed for a while but the story I heard is the DOT forced them off the market, so they're hard to find now.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Are those aftermarket interior parts? Curious about quality of the dash and door panels. Mine needed a set since forever.
Yes sir, the dash (cover), door panels, arm rest pads, & slide locks are replacement parts. Slide locks are the only NOS Ford parts (Dennis Carpenter), others came from LMC. Original dash top was toast, with lots of cracks and discoloration. Door panels were similar condition bleached from the sun and very brittle. After market replacement was the only logical option as I assume all factory parts were produced from similar raw material and searching salvage yards would only uncover more parts that suffered similar deterioration over the last 35 to 40 years. New parts fit decent and look good. Dash cover is just that, it's a plastic cover that glues over the top of an existing dash, therefore old foam padding needs to be re-used. It's held in place with normal clear silicone, I assume to facilitate expansion & contraction with temperature variance. The old dash cover needs to be removed from the truck to perform this correctly therefore it was also a perfect time to replace the in-dash speaker, again this was purchased from LMC and sounds good with the old AM/FM factory radio. A-pillar mouldings were re-used and these were sprayed with new coat of paint. Before re-installing the dash I also put in new LMC firewall pad sound deadener. Next replaced all of the weather stripping around side windows & wings, weather strip around door openings, new rear window rubber, and even had new windshield installed. Note, the newer style windshield from OBS body style looks good in these trucks with the blackened perimeter.

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped front axle pivot bushings (2wd)with the twin I-beam setup in the front.

Took about 3 hours for me , first time with these and the biggest issues I had was removing all the old rubber bushing out of the hole, getting the new one in , aligning it back up to get the bolt to go......little bit of a headache but got it done in the end

Front end is done for now

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Slicknik your gonna need some drop brackets for those leveling spacers or your gonna have a really bad alignment(like undriveable) you can already see the geometry is off with how the spring is sitting on the mount there and the bushing in radius arm is strained, just fair warning not saying don’t do it I like the look of even a 2wd truck leveled out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online