So what did you do with your truck today?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serviced my 93 dually IDIT , did some more on the brakes. Pretty much got everything do on it I am going to . Then put it up for sale on line tonight.

Also on my 90 4x4 replace some leaking fuel return lines and O rings. See if that does not make it start a little better.

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished my plow and salter controller bracket. The seat in my truck I believe is out of a OBS generation. There is two door striker looking pins that stick out of the seat in the center that the cup/change holder hooks on to. I made this menagerie that bolts to gee cup holder. The tall part holds the single stick plow controller and the new lower bracket holds the salter controller. Im just not a fan of drilling holes in the dash. Only problem with the design is the seat must be all the way back or one click from all the way back or else the ZF5 stick crashes into it. Won't be a problem for me but the woman is short and can't reach the pedals like that. Only good news is you can unhook the entire assembly and set it on the seat next to you as long as the leads are long enough.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Well today I had a real exciting day. I went by my shop I have rented to ck on "Bessie" since she been sitting all cold & lonely for the last week. Had my back surgery last week & am hobbling round on my walker again.
I hobbled round her, petted her on the radiator, wiped a few tears from her headlites, told the wife "lets go, carry me home."
Went home & crashed on the couch & watched Gunsmoke & Bonanza rest of the afternoon.
Real exciting!!! -Playme

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pictures of the new truck
Nice truck. Why does the drivers door damage from rubbing fender happen often on these trucks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
You sir are a thief! [emoji6]

What a buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding, that truck looks really clean besides the driverdoor/fender issue. heck the bed is worth just that up here. not to mention that nice front bumper!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. Why does the drivers door damage from rubbing fender happen often on these trucks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Usually a combination of bad door pins and or front clip alignment. There’s just not mimics room for the door to pass by the fender. That one looked a little more than a rub. I’m thinking there’s some damage somewhere.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I didn't actually work on the truck, but did some prep work on the factory turbo setup spread all over my workbench. Drilled out the pedestal mounting holes to 3/8", cautiously drilled and tapped the wye casting (hopefully in a good spot!) for a 1/8"-NPT pyro probe and put a pipe plug in it with anti-seize. Also discovered I'd mounted the turbo's oil feed casting backwards, so I took it off, removed the factory "fake gauge" switch and screwed in a Duralast PS-4 sender, flipped the manifold around and bolted it back on.

Someday there will be sunny weather and I can actually install the turbo on the truck. I figure it'll take a whole day if I don't have to run to town for fittings, bolts, etc. (40 min round trip). Apparently I will need somewhere between 3 hrs (Typ4), and 10 hrs plus several friends, food & beer (pafixitman) :sly

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The story I got was two owners ago the guy got out to fill up at a gas station and forgot to set the brake. It rolled back and taco’d the door into the fender

I really thought that was what it looked like happened to the door. It's pretty extreme lol.

10 hrs plus several friends, food & beer (pafixitman)

That's probably why it took so long hahaha.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Why does the drivers door damage from rubbing fender happen often on these trucks?
I know the story on why mine did this. Originally, it was from worn hinges. The top hinge has a 10mm bolt in it instead of a bushing and pin. I pulled the fender forward enough to clear and everything was fine for a couple of years. Then, while driving down the highway at about 6:30 A.M., some A..HOLE wouldn't dim his/her headlights. A deer ran out in front of me. i just missed her, but couldn't miss the fawn following her (that I couldn't see until I was already swerving). It hit the driver's front corner and shoved the fender back again. Naturally, Captain A..Hole dimmed the lights AFTER I swerved all over the road.-cuss:shoot:

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I went to a local sawmill and filled the bed with wood blocks... not sure how much but definitely more than the last load (which was 1.1 tons and still under the 8600 GVWR). So for a flat $30 fee I chucked wood until I was worn out. I pumped up the rear tires to 70 psi and it rides better than when empty and 40 psi... springs nowhere near flat, either. The more I work it, the better it feels :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online