So what did you do with your truck today?

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I compounded and buffed and until my arms were numb. Power buffer is useless on over 50% of the truck because the foam will shred and the buffer is big... but, I'm thrilled with how it looks. Clay bar'd it beforehand. Then waxed it with this surf city garage brand wax I love.

Anyone who was at last year's rally would probably not recognize this truck with all the shiny paint! Just need to do some surface rust repair on the bottom of those damn doors. This is the "bad" side.

Even after all of that work my 150 is still 2x shinier.. lol

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must admit the grinder is helping with the math.
I am getting one ground and then putting it in my uhaul engine to check clearance. I have orders for 15 cams do need to make it as easy as possible for folks to install.

Would it be possible to do a Stage 1 cam that will work with factory valvetrain and a Stage 2 cam that requires valvetrain upgrades like the 910s?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am requiring 910 springs on the Cam I supply.
I have been running stock new springs for years, no issues but that would be minimum.
With boost stock springs are marginal.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Saturday I rep'd Ford, International and Kenworth at the first Ohio Ford Meet. Traded the Bronco pedal box for a hardline delete kit from filter to IP and into the filter (Mike noticed I had already deleted that part and also cut my hose longer for it). Sold the Bronco dash and picked up a non-twisted driveshaft. It's a 4x4 length 2-piece which is perfect because I'll only need the rear half until I get a 4x4 ZF5.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
3D printed a shifter for my wide ratio zf5 swapped slug, and dragged my tractor out of a mud pit with the crane.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled up the fluids and built a bracket for the new fuel pump. Also found my new transmission tail housing doesn't have the hole drilled for the shift lever. So it's a 2wd truck until I get that sorted out.

lude and rude

Reaction score
did the clutch pedal rod end fix last night... in all the frustrations of the install put the lever arm back on to far forward, so very little clutch travel. looks like its round two tonight haha UGH!

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke my ignition switch and wound up jumping the starter relay to start the truck.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
did the clutch pedal rod end fix last night... in all the frustrations of the install put the lever arm back on to far forward, so very little clutch travel. looks like its round two tonight haha UGH!
I'll be doing this soon enough. I have a rod end bearing that im going to weld to the of the rod. Probably going to do it at work on a laser.

steelheadguy

Registered Idiot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Broke my ignition switch and wound up jumping the starter relay to start the truck.
Did that last month. Easy as pie to change. Yesterday my ignition actuator broke. Now Im starting the truck by gripping the rod and pushing it forward. They key turns but does not move the rod enough. Looks like a PITA to fix.

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that last month. Easy as pie to change. Yesterday my ignition actuator broke. Now Im starting the truck by gripping the rod and pushing it forward. They key turns but does not move the rod enough. Looks like a PITA to fix.

That's what I was a afraid of happening. Never done one but it don't look fun that's for sure.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Non-tilt columns are much easier to replace the upper actuator on (so I'm told). Tilt columns are not fun, but it's less painful then starting it with pliers everyday.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored some sweet new mud flaps for my dually. $10/ea and they're the good 1/2" thick heavy duty ones! Hopefully getting some mounts made up tomorrow.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out I have a short in my abs system keep going in and out lockout. Then all so I guess I never really used blinkers much when I turn left it comes out of lockout. Only truck that I know does that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got fuel pump in and wired, coolant filter is in, and new fuel filter. Finally buttoned up after 3 weeks of work and she fired right up. Just need to swap out the T-case adapter or the shifter. New one only has 1 tapped hole and old one needs 2 holes tapped for the bracket. May just drill it out and tap it and call it good or wait for the body swap and just run 2wd until then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller

Staff online