So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loaded the old girl and the trailer up. We're supposed to close on our house on the 31st but they are letting us put stuff in the garage on Monday. I figured I'd get it loaded today and then I won't have to worry about it tomorrow. I'm gonna be sore on Tuesday!

I got the cooling fan and new fan clutch put on yesterday, and today I gave the truck a proper test drive. My old clutch must've been bad for the last 100-200k miles, I noticed almost no difference in power when the old fan and clutch were removed, but with the new clutch on there I can REALLY feel the huge drop in power. I can definitely hear the fan now though :D

I might have to do a 3G and E-fan swap now, I want that 30 horsepower back.

30hp! Boy when I have the trailer hooked up it sure feels like more than that haha!

Yeah but at least you know it's doing it's job now! Funny how mine never kicks on unless I'm pulling the trailer. I can't seem to get it hot otherwise. I haven't quite loaded the bed up yet though. I'd like to get a load of stone though so that could change!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well since I can't seem to find the time to pull the engine out of Ol' Leaky yet, I took her to the lake to ride ATV's and camp. The '81 F150 would have not pulled the load!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahahhahahaha "nursing along..." Then ****** pump ad
Ahahaha
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally did fluid changes on crew cab (another member holding my centurion hostage) as well as replaced all the burnt bulbs.
Ive been putting off routine maintenence as I cannot for the life of me figure out my death wobble!!
But as a stay at home mom and only about 4 to 5 hours a night that is jam packed with customer cars lately I've been using little bits of time to take care of embarrassingly overdue things on this poor truck!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loaded the old girl and the trailer up. We're supposed to close on our house on the 31st but they are letting us put stuff in the garage on Monday. I figured I'd get it loaded today and then I won't have to worry about it tomorrow. I'm gonna be sore on Tuesday!

30hp! Boy when I have the trailer hooked up it sure feels like more than that haha!

Yeah but at least you know it's doing it's job now! Funny how mine never kicks on unless I'm pulling the trailer. I can't seem to get it hot otherwise. I haven't quite loaded the bed up yet though. I'd like to get a load of stone though so that could change!
Congrats on new house!! We just ended our YEARS LONG house nightmare last month!! Good luck moving :)

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed rebuilt factory turbo, with banks cold side housing and new 60-1 wheel mod from typ4 and banks down pipe and new intake, wastegate disabled. big difference from the ats 088 with 10 exhaust leaks in it lol

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I won't be touching my truck for a minute. Work has plans with me staring with a re-gearing a van hool. I'll post the clip Tuesday when I have good light to show drive shaft turning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on new house!! We just ended our YEARS LONG house nightmare last month!! Good luck moving :)

Thanks! We're sitting here waiting for the realtor to unlock the garage and its pouring! Oh well... At least the truck and trailer made it without issue!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny to see people still so confused with that infamous top starter bolt.It's just as easy to get to as the others if you do it right.
All you need:
1.Insure the starter wires are out of the way for this.If not,you need to loosen the bolt that holds them so you can spin them out of the way.
2.Use an extension and or combination of extensions that reach the back of the starter where the ratchet can then be placed to turn the bolt out.Sure,you'll need to remove the ratchet and finish turning the extension by hand because you'll run out of room to take it off if you back it out too fat but,it's nothing serious.
3.There is no step 3.It's not even as hard as 1,2,3.:D

People getting that bolt out and back in not doing it this way,I don't even understand how else it's possible.How are the people finding that bolt so difficult to remove,attempting it I wonder?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got stranded in the middle of no where at 1 in the morning on the way home from work, belt tensioner bolt broke off the accessory bracket. Going to drill out the bolt and tap it for a bigger grade 8 bolt that has a normal head and not the stupid alan head on the factory bolt....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Fordf250, I feel the same way. Several years back, I knew a guy who drove his 89 with a 7.3 to work in the wintertime. He couldn't find a place to plug it in. He burned up the starter trying to start it. He got a different starter, put it on and it just would grind. He took it back and got another, thinking it was bad. It did the same thing. He didn't call me, but a third guy did. I was told that he parked in a mud puddle and didn't want to put the top bolt back in. I said put it back in. After I convinced them, it magically started! There IS a reason to have that top bolt in there.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I was SO MAD! I was backing my trailer in the driveway (I was still in the road, technically in both lanes) and some idiot with a camper came flying down the road with no intention of stopping. I freaked and tried to get out of his way and jackknifed the trailer. Next time I'm just going to let the $#_&&@#$# hit me! He finally stopped literally less than a truck length away from me.

I would think be someone with a big 5th wheel would understand back off and give someone time to back in....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hauled most of our stuff to the new place in a trailer I borrowed. The old girl did pretty good, I was quite impressed. I certainly wasn't holding 60mph but this thing's a tank and didn't give me any issues. I don't know what it weighed but it's a two car trailer and it was pretty full. Squatted the truck pretty good.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aired up ranger tyre.....moved to rear near shop so can swap in 8.8 rear w rebuilt posi so that means tight posi in rear and a detroit truetrac up front....if only it burned oil without spark plugs...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borrowed a trailer to haul my toys to the new house!

First one is a resto-mod project. I plan to go through and fix up the body and put it on a new frame to be my winter truck to replace my tired worn out 97.

This second one is my pride and joy. 1969 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. Bought it with no motor or tranny. Hopefully now that I have my own garage I can get it going finally!

I really didn't intend to buy a Ford just to haul all my Chevys... But that's certainly how it played out!