So what did you do with your truck today?

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I also figured out I have another bad BF Goodrich commercial ta. It's got a bad hump in it. The matching one on the passenger front shed its tread 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
At least you're not like my buddy, he broke a starter bolt on his 6.5.
Of course I'll be the one fixing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hauled my trailer to my buddy's shop. Rewired the entire trailer. Brakes still don't work. Really getting on my nerves...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Man, Jasper. I really don't see how people break those bolts so often. I've put them with a half inch drive impact, just don't hammer them too tightly.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, Jasper. I really don't see how people break those bolts so often. I've put them with a half inch drive impact, just don't hammer them too tightly.
Bracket on back of starter is loose or missing. My guess.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built up and installed a new oil cooler, dropped and resealed the oil pan, got the engine back in and ready for an updated T-19, clutch, and so on.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I've been nursing along a failing starter, really slow, weak, possibly the original. I bought a DB high torque and decided that today was the day. Talk about the most aggravating, dirty, curse filled job I've done in along time. The top bolt is nearly impossible to get to, there is no space, I was covered to the elbows in greasy dirt, did I mention aggravating and curse filled. I swear I'll scrap the truck before I ever do another starter. The engineer that designed the bolt pattern on it should be hunted down and killed repeatedly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a ratchet wrench for the top bolt. Makes it a lot easier.

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, lol, just trying to design a better cam for a drop in.
Please don't apologize. I think it's hard core that you are designing and creating a new cam profile. It's just out of the ordinary in my little world, I don't know many machinists.
Rock on brother :rock: you keep doing what you do.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must admit the grinder is helping with the math.
I am getting one ground and then putting it in my uhaul engine to check clearance. I have orders for 15 cams do need to make it as easy as possible for folks to install.