so wednesday was the last straw i guess

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Now when ya heard them kids talkin' about getting their trucks *slammed* , ya weren't supposed to take it so danged literal :D

That's one ride I'm glad I missed out on. I glad you're still around to talk about it ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
Holy **** man.....glad you made it out of that one okay. From the title of this thread, I was almost thinking you wrecked your IDI and were going to upgrade to the darkside. But geez, that aint just your everyday wreck, thats insane. At least you where on some good pain killers there werent you :D

it aint that bad justin!!!! god no!:rotflmao i am on percocet now:D
Thanks for all of the well wishes guys it does mean alot and i'll see if i can get a bunch of the pics up here. other than my head, i am just a little sore couple scrapes and bruses.
yea bill its not that i'm not ready for heaven, it's that heaven isn't ready for me!:rotflmao :rotflmao :angel:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Dude. Harsh. I'm an EMT - I'll tell you right now that most ejections do not end well. I'm glad you're recovering with nothing but a cool zipper on your head. Damn man.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad your OK! That's a scary thing to go through. Looks like your PSD is a fatality though. What kind of post healing BS are you going to have to put up with? That may be worse than the accident. ;Really

tractorman86

Reaction score
yea i'm already catching a lot of flack over it:rolleyes: . i was driving my dad's truck cause i was in the process of putting a trans in the idi. but i wonder when it will be ok to ask my dad for the trans(6-speed) and the intercooler if it survived:D yea she had about 200K hard miles god rest her soul.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dear lord man! You are extremely lucky to have survived that accident. Doesnt look like there's anything salvageable from that rig, but that doesnt matter. You're still here and your head is still throbbing! Thats a good thing btw.
I cant believe you're back at work already, I'd be taking a week or two off just to make sure I have all my priorities set right. lol

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
You lucky *******.....That must have been a good hit to wreck a super-duty like that...I'd be buying some lottery tickets if I was you.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I guess you'll have to part your hair on the other side now.

I'm glad you're still with us.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ill tell the same thing everybody else did
U ARE ONE LUCKY *******
GLAD U ARE STILL WITH US ALL
THANK GOD AND BUY SOME LOTTERY TICKETS
damn if id of knownd that u were in the hospital i was in queen creek id to have come to see ya
i know we aut to hook up some time anyway

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Glad your ok falling asleep is some serious bad mojo. We had a very good friend just a couple years older them me with 2 kids and a wife and he was coming home from 3rd shift fell asleep and drifted off the free way and ran into the back of parked semi on the shoulder at 70 mph (RIP Donney) Makes you rethink your prioritys

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven sleepy too, I don't do it anymore. Even if I'm on the clock, I pull over, close my eyes for a few minutes and get some coffee. I am just thankful its never bitten me.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I've almost fallen asleep once. I was camping down in the High Sierra's with a bunch of family and friends. The last night we were there, me and all the young guys stayed up until 3am just B.Sing each other. The day before that we had gotten a couple of jack rabbits so we skinned and gutted them, and burried all that stuff. So we went to bed at around 3am. I woke up at around 5:30am to a couple of coyotes digging up the entrails. So I get up, grabbed my .243 and went a hunting. I chased them out of camp, and they all split up. By this time my uncle was up, and a couple others were as well. So we started hunting them. I got a 500yard or there abouts shot at one of them, fired 4 times missed everytime. So we stopped the hunt, we didnt get them. We packed up camp, and headed down the 20 mile 4x4 trail into Bishop, California (4 hours, slow going). We got down into Bishop at I think 6pm or something like that, and we headed north. I was with my grandfather. I think it was at around 2am that night, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, I think we were still in California, but not sure. It was northwest of Reno I do know that. Anyways, at that point my grandfather was snoozing beside me, and we were going along on one of those straight roads that I aint used to, with nothing but what seemed like desert all around. Anyways I found myself kinda blinking real heavy, and while blinking it would take like 2 seconds for me to force my eyelids open. I remember blinking and kinda felt all relaxed, then I did one of the head bob things where your head dips down and you yank it up real quick and wake up. At that point I rolled down the window (doing 75mph), cranked the stereo, which in turn woke my grandfather up, and I was like next time we fill up were switching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance