So THIS is where all the SoCal IDI guys hang out........

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down for a meet and greet for sure. That is a clean old truck! I'll pm you my number...

Reaction score
Damn that thing is cherry.....it's got some awesome dark grey interior. Looks like a sweet buy, welcome to the site!

Thanks! It's actually blue interior. I don't mind it, but I do wish it had the gray interior if only because it'd make it easier to find a matching 40/20/40 setup (has the bench right now. not a fan).

It's a sweet truck for sure, from 20ft away at least. It's got a couple of whacked panels, some paint chips here and there, and a bit of surface rust, but overall it's in great shape. The previous owner (well, the ORIGINAL owner. The 2nd owner had it only for a couple of months) lived in Oregon, so it's only seen mild weather. Definitely helps.

Mike

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike!

Welcome aboard! Nice truck.

Good to see you're in the area as well. I too am user of the other site, but could never get my questions answered, even on my 6.0 that I love, but found the replies to be mostly "6.0 is a POS"..... yeah, real useful.

Are you going to paint the girl(freshen up the existing) or leave it as is?

Reaction score
Are you going to paint the girl(freshen up the existing) or leave it as is?

I plan on this guy being in the family for quite some time, so paint and body work will come along at some point. But given how slow things rust out here (not that I have to tell a fellow SD guy), it's not on the immediate 'to-do' list. I figured I'd wait til some texting fool hits me and let their insurance pick up the tab. It's worked for me before, lol. As to color, I'd probably go with something along the same intent (definitely two-tone), but maybe modernize it a bit with some metallic or pearl, and definitely a clear over it.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online