where can I find this part (new)?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This part, on the inside is the rubber "duck's beak" , is on the side of the fuel filter's head, and the return fuel hose is connected to it.
I'm not really sure in which direction it works, I know there's written something over it, I could not find that. Also I know they have two different versions of this, one, as I call this one; the rubber duck's beak, the one with the two rubber flaps inside. and the other one, a steel ball with a spring.

I like to find a new one, in order to get my truck up and running again, preferable with as little troubles as possible.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That is an anti aeration fitting, supposed to allow any air in the fuel filter head to be purged out to the fuel return system. Most people delete it due to air intrusion issues.
As for where to find it new, sorry can't help there.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do wonder, If someone poked through this fitting, so it's not restrictive anymore, could that cause NO start? due to all the pressure in the fuel filter directly flowing away in the return circuit?

I had the truck running to warm the engine up, I thought to install this fitting (which I did) and I cannot get the engine running again??????

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
You would have to really make it a large hole for it to return enough fuel to the return side to not start. I doubt that is the issue.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could give me your idea then? it ran without any problem years ago, (I'm in the process to get official registration for 18 years now, therefore I am not allowed it to run on official roads) It's redicilous, but that's French gouvernement.
Then I was in need of a trans overhaul, due to a burned out TC clutch. (there was a 2 weeks period that I was allowed to go for a technical inspection.)
that was four years ago, then it developed diesel algae, and I thoroughly cleaned the whole system, couldn't get it to run properly due to (I guess) restricted new filters to small model, and now I installed a new original one, with the above mentioned brass part, couldn't get it to run, blocked that brass part, blocked the return hose who came off that brass part, got the engine to run, very irrigular, and took a little test run, the engine hunted trough rev's while I had pedal steady. and after 5 minutes from start the filter restriction light came on (new filter!)
Please tell me, I just can't find why it would not run correctly????

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are getting Filter Restriction light after 5 minutes running, you have algae in the fuel. Take the filter off and cut it open; do you see algae? If so this is your problem.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
If I recall, he's already cleaned his filter head on another thread..
There's a Schrader valve on the filter head. When cranking, what is your fuel pressure measured at the Schrader? Should beat least 6-7psi

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st, There should not be any algae, I had everything cleaned and used fresh diesel with the Grotamar shock treatment anti algae.
2nd, with what should I measure that pressure? you have a image of that tool maybe?
3th, could that (the algae) provoke the irregular hunting of the engine while the accelerator rested in the same position?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Some people take out the Schrader assembly, and thread in their own gauge. It's just npt threads.
A tool I use is a gauge with a tire filler threaded on. Don't have a picture of it, tool is at home.
Algae can create a fuel restriction, which can cause engine surging.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Can I pull diesel through the engine mounted fuel pump?
I thought to "polish" the fuel by adapting a fuel-line to where normally the fuel goes into the filter head, and return it into the tank maybe by the fuel retour line just before the firewall, and then pumping around the fuel until it gets clean?
they do that often in the boat world, that gave me the Idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking

Members online