Show us your IP wrench!

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, all three nuts. No problem. :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have "made my own" but... Prefer to use the factory wrench. I do grind it just a bit. As for the fast idle solenoid I remove it for any adjustments and... I time my engines cold if possible. To time a cold engine you remove the rear power wire on top of the injection pump and the power wire to the fast idle solenoid if your leaving that on the pump.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have "made my own" but... Prefer to use the factory wrench. I do grind it just a bit. As for the fast idle solenoid I remove it for any adjustments and... I time my engines cold if possible. To time a cold engine you remove the rear power wire on top of the injection pump and the power wire to the fast idle solenoid if your leaving that on the pump.
Wait. What? What is this voodoo? Do you just mean you prefer not burning your hands on a fully warmed up engine or are running at 2000 RPMs right after starting it and setting the timing then? Details please.

Wouldn't cold timing effect the transfer pressure in the IP? I assume it's all relative if you're setting your timing to what works best in any given truck versus a factory number that hasn't been updated since ULSD was coined.

Me. I prefer setting my timing early on a Sunday morning. Neighbors seem to prefer it too. They all come out to watch.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll post a photo of my IP wrench when I get home after work...
No matter how I do it, I still have to remove high idle solenoid before I can get to passenger side IP nut...
How do you guys get around that?
I hate it when I forget to do something that I said I would do, at least I finally remembered...
You must be registered for see images attach