Seat help

Ghuds

Reaction score
I need a new seat for an 83 std. cab F250. Does anyone know if any other body styles would be a direct replacement? I heard 78-97 would work, but not sure if it’s true.
Thanks!

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably newer Fords truck. You can check out some wrecked 2005+ Expeditions or Navigators at a Pick-n-Pull. Lots out there.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the height of the seats are the same? I want to do the same thing. No pick and pulls around me. Don't even think they have them here in Jersey.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The seat back is higher and more comfortable. May even find heated/cooled seats (if so, get both parts of the connector under the seat).

EBAY will be high. Check car-parts.com or lkq.com for something in your area

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think @laserjock put a 60/20/60 bench out of a 2011 into his red truck.

I have 2 2011's, a Regular Cab, and a SuperCrew. They both have the bench that will seat 3. The RC is just an armrest with the center down. The SC has a console and cup holders when the center is folded down. Also, the RC is all manual, and the SC is power.

In my opinion, they are the most comfortable seats I've had in a vehicle. We made a trip to North Carolina in January, and took the RC, and we made a trip to Ky, 2 weeks in a row. Momma and I both have back problems, and I have bad knees. These are the only seats that I have been able to sit more than an hour and a half or two hours, and not been forced to stop and get out due to pain... They are not a bolt in... but work the work to put into an older truck.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@snicklas not quite. My seats are buckets out of a 2012ish F150. I modified the supercab seat brackets to accept the seats.
You must be registered for see images attach

The console is on a custom riser because there is no arm rest on these seats.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
@snicklas not quite. My seats are buckets out of a 2012ish F150. I modified the supercab seat brackets to accept the seats.
You must be registered for see images attach

The console is on a custom riser because there is no arm rest on these seats.

OK. I had forgotten they were 2 individual seats.....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. I had forgotten they were 2 individual seats.....
Yep. There are rare split bench seats for super cabs (I happen to have one that was in a truck it didn’t belong in). I think the flavor you are thinking about is the frame that bolts in place of the standard bench. I forget what truck it’s out of but I think [mention]IDIoit [/mention] knows and has used that frame.

silexis

Reaction score
I put in bucket seats from a '96 or '97 f250 in my '93 that had a bench seat.
I had to weld up some brackets to adapt them to fit to the same bolt holes.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of late '80s Bronco seats that look as if they will bolt directly into my '94 crewcab, with just a couple holes drilled in the floorboards per seat.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a pair of late '80s Bronco seats that look as if they will bolt directly into my '94 crewcab, with just a couple holes drilled in the floorboards per seat.

Just remember to reinforce the floor where you drill the holes. Hey didn’t put the reinforcement in the floor if it didn’t come from the factory with buckets

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online