Seat help

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bronco and supercab trucks swap front seats directly. The floor pans are a bit different in the crew and single cabs. Crew and single cab seats are all interchangeable. Just FYI.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And thick. Check mcmaster.com
My thought was to have the widest possible fender washer, a size or two too large for the bolt, and put a proper sized fender washer on. The big one would be next to the body floor pan, and the smaller one would be next to the nut or the bolt head. Having two steps like that eliminates the single hard spot at the edge of a single thick washer, and should distribute stress better.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Momma and I both have back problems, and I have bad knees. These are the only seats that I have been able to sit more than an hour and a half or two hours, and not been forced to stop and get out due to pain...
I can relate. With me, it's my right knee. I can stay in the the truck as long as I want to, but I'll have a slight limp for a couple of minutes when I get out.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thought was to have the widest possible fender washer, a size or two too large for the bolt, and put a proper sized fender washer on. The big one would be next to the body floor pan, and the smaller one would be next to the nut or the bolt head. Having two steps like that eliminates the single hard spot at the edge of a single thick washer, and should distribute stress better.

Probably get 3/16" thick or better from mcmaster.com. I used to get different thickness washers in same bolt sizes for shop work.

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use a piece of flat bar 1/8 min or 3/16 above and below the floor at least 2" x2" and also appropriate mounting hardware. But I also do naval structural engineering... so I have been know to overdo somethings. But I would rather the seat I am riding on not go anywhere.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have plenty of flat stock, it wouldn't be hard to build some reinforcement. I don't want to make a hard spot that concentrates stress and causes a crack in the floor pan. That's why I was thinking several steps of thinnish washers.

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thin washers even with many will create a point load on the floor pan and run a bigger risk of creating a stress crack. The flat bar on top I would make as long as possible that way your spanning the load across a large area. Below the floor you just want a piece 2x2 so it reduces the pull thru stress, basically a very oversized washer.

Just to be clear I wasn't saying to weld anything. The flat stock is just spanning the load.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@snicklas not quite. My seats are buckets out of a 2012ish F150. I modified the supercab seat brackets to accept the seats.
You must be registered for see images attach

The console is on a custom riser because there is no arm rest on these seats.

Are you able to tilt those forward for easy access to the rear?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don’t tilt (flip forward) like the originals do but they do slide all the way forward and then you lean the seat forward with the other handle. I’m not a small guy and I can get in and out without too much contortion.

The seats were one of the first things I bought. As good as the brick buckets are, there’s are really nice. And you can get covers for them still. I got a great deal on these. I think it was like $350 to the door. Looked like new. One seat has a tiny poke in it that I’d probably have to show you to find it.

STurnerXM2010

Reaction score
Seats are like bumpers. If they adhere to your space requirements, they can be made to work. That being said, sometimes that gets you into a hell of a headache and time waster. When I was replacing my seats in my 96 crew cab, I really just looked at the overall width and height. If they sit a little low, you can always build a spacer or new bracket to accommodate. But if they’re too wide, they’re too wide. Don’t be afraid to look at any seat that you like as long as you’re not afraid to be creative and make them work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online