Scored this today...

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No turbo. Not really sure what caused it but it was really obvious it blew. I'll take a pic. I'm just going to yank it out, do the heads , seal it back up and see what happens. Probably take the injectors apart to clean and pop test them too while they are out.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's this little guy? Coolant heater?
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE SCORE! Appears completely rust free!
Apparently they hauled a slide-in truck camper. Those little brackets between cab and bed are tie down locations.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does that coolant heater get power? There are no wires running to it.. I haven't really gotten anything done except dropping the head off at the machine shop. I just got a tattoo on my hand and can't work on stuff for a couple days. Should have the engine pulled this weekend.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It's supposed to have a 120v plug on it like the factory block heaters do. The cord doesn't plug in though, it's hard wired into the heater, at least on every one I've seen. from the looks of it, it's been on there for a few years. I don't think they're too expensive if you want to replace it.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother.Your Oregon winter temps are nowhere cold enough to make heating aids worthwhile.

That's a pretty good deal there.You payed less than half price for the reman E4OD and got a free front D60 axle and a free truck,rust free no less, to go with it lol.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother.Your Oregon winter temps are nowhere cold enough to make heating aids worthwhile.

That's a pretty good deal there.You payed less than half price for the reman E4OD and got a free front D60 axle and a free truck,rust free no less, to go with it lol.

It's actually a c6 which is a huge bonus to me. Would rather a zf5 but anything other than an e4od. I've technically never had issues with mine but I still don't like it. I'll snag a gear vendors for it down the road, or keep looking for a zf5.

Would that be a good location to T in a coolant filter? If so I can just pull the heater off and toss a filter in its place.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh right.She's an '88.Dang.Still got a free truck though lol.What don't you like about your E4OD in the '94 that makes you prefer the old C6 over it?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't thaaaat bad, I just want a c6 with OD unit. If I could afford a built e4 it would be fine, lol.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep watching for the Zf5!

if you are not in a hurry it will show up in he right price range. just be prepared to jump when it shows its ugly head........:cheers:

I bought a 97 F350 4x4 crew 7.3PSD with 320,000km for 1200 CAN and drove it the 200km to work but its a rotten pile with a "just" save able cab and not much else . I can put it on the road legal but the cab will basically fall apart within 2-4 yrs and i'll be looking for a southern one.

I wish i had your options for those minty rust free bodies. I could run my trucks forever with regular maintenance. :frustrate

I would get 20yrs out of a used truck instead of 6-7yrs, pushing the fall apart rolling down the road threshold.

have to figure out some way to trade great driveline parts from the east for body and chassis' from the west..................................................:dunno

this thread just gets me depressed :cry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online

No members online now.