same question probably....atf and diesel fuel Together!

farmerscotty

Reaction score
well I am add up the miles with atf in my fuel tank.......so far no known issues.....haven't even clogged up a filter that I am using for the 10-5-1 micron filtering of the oil. done about 120 gallons. So far so good and I just keep it in one tank.....start and stop on green diesel since it is winter.

Am pleased so far with this.....keeping all my green tickets and photos of my filter setup in truck to show anyone that would doubt a farmer! I don't plan on ever adding any red diesel to the truck. So far so good.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Farmerscotty, if you want to run an additive, use biodiesel. That will have any of your lubricity issues put to rest. A 1% addition of biodiesel to ULSD will increase it's lubricity by 65%.

Plus it's great stinking up the parking lot with fried food smell :p.

farmerscotty

Reaction score
still feeding cows on atf and diesel mix.....starts like normal....no filter problems yet. took out some glow plugs to see what the carbon looked like compared to one out of regular diesel burning truck.......looks the same.

Am using now....2 one micron filters and one 10 micron with water trap. So far no water at all...this is cleaner than fuel since I am doing the 1 micron.

Keep you posted as I go.

Scotty

farmerscotty

Reaction score
still going

well it is April and still going on atf and diesel mix seems to be working ok. Havent had any filter problems......Am now filtering atf thru 5 micron, 10 micron golden rod, 1 micron at the end. going to change sometime soon to both 1 micron and keep the golden rod really for the water trap. Getting ready to start farming will be adding some to tractors soon. Just an update.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
glad things are working out, i run used motor oil in my truck filtering with a similer set using the golden rod with a 5 micron then down to one.