Robbed my turbo kit an tools

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally saved up money got my banks turbo took a year stuck it in my garage came home from work back window of garage busted turbo gone and tools.im screwed now:mad:i hope they find who did it because i dont have a f clue there gos my turbo:dunno

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
That really sucks man, what the hell is getting into people??

They will steal anything!

Agreed, keep an eye on craigslist, chances of the idiot who stole your turbo actually needing it are slim to none... they will try and sell it!

Sorry for the loss. :confused:

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Dude, that's F-ed up big time! I hope they find the idiot! They should do it like the middle east. They catch you stealing, they chop off your hands. Discourages that sort of thing.... :)

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i will keep my eyes open on craigslist,i was going to put it in the house then i said im going to put it on the truck tommorrow now i wish i would of stuck it in the house

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Dude, that's F-ed up big time! I hope they find the idiot! They should do it like the middle east. They catch you stealing, they chop off your hands. Discourages that sort of thing.... :)

They're smarter than that, the only chop the hand you eat with, and they don't believe in washing their hands, so you gotta eat with the same hand you wipe your ass with :puke:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
And the left hand that wipes is the hand thats used for toilet paper in most places "over there"... No wonder why nobody will shake hands with a lefty missing a right hand.....:eek::eek:cookoo

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
No matter who this happens to, it always gets my blood boiling. Unfortunatly, there is nothing I can do for you except say that I feel your pain and I hope that you do get your property back.

HOWEVER, I can make you, and everyone else here, a promise. If I EVER....catch someone stealing my friends property....or even worse, MY property, I will beat them flat into the ground....keeping all those that had items stolen from them in mind all the while.

I say it time and time again...there is NO place for a theif in my book. We all work hard, earn paycheck after paycheck to pay bills...and when we finally save enough for something like a turbo, some welfare reject (not putting down the welfare system!!) comes along and steals it to make some money to buy drugs (also, not trying to sterotype here lol)

I have one thing to say to these people....you want something of mine that bad...come face me like a man, in broad daylight, and try and take it from me :backoff.

I am a few french fries short of a happy meal and I know it cookoo..this makes me a dangerous man!

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some question to keep in mind, but you don't have to answer....

Who knew you ordered it? And do they know "questionable people"?
Are there any "questionable" houses/people near your place?

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Some question to keep in mind, but you don't have to answer....

Who knew you ordered it? And do they know "questionable people"?
Are there any "questionable" houses/people near your place?

Sorta my line of thinking as well. Most of the time its somebody you know.

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask neighbors if anyone else had been robbed, or if anything suspicious such as people knocking on doors and asking questions, even harmless ones. If it turns out there were a string of break-ins or funny stuff going on, you were simply out of the house at the wrong time.

If no one else had issues, you were targeted. And they had specific information.

Considering they hit the garage only, I'd guess it was a smash and grab. If they knew you, they would have the information required to clean your house out and not get caught.

EDIT: And the "pros" know what is worth money, turbos would be no exception.

Call local pawn shops with very specific details about the tools you had, and as others said - check CL often.

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it could have been someone you know that blabbed there mouth about it to someone that would steel it, Since they stole your tools too, it may be someone who has seen you working in the garage before and came for just the tools and the turbo was a bonus for them. That really sucks I know I have waited 4 years for my turbo and that would just suck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This planet has no room for a thief. Catchem... Killem... Be done with it. Then we have a few less thieves on the draw... Why try to reform a thief.... They already feel whats yours is theirs for the easy pickings... The cheap... Sneaky way they take from you is the part I can't handle... Wait till ou leave to go about your daily routines and then strike.... I watch "people" for lack of a better term knocking on my neighbors doors weekly. I usually answer. So they know I'm home... Some guy last week said he was delieverying so steaks to a neighbor "just down the street". Said he could beat any supermarket deal... Probably could but I wont buy from a door to door kinda guy... Didn't ask for the dropin... Why my house... No reason... Just thought he would try a sale.... Hit the road... Bub... No sale.... Don't be a commin back either... These were my thoughts... I didn't play it out... Just politely told him no but thanks for the offer.... I'm not interested.... I watched his eyes.... They were looking at me... Not my hidden hand behind the door.....:sly:D

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i live in the boondocks.only 2 people knew i bought it my wife and best freind .there is a trailer park down the road full of immagrints .theres know tracks outside.the only thing i found was a pack of smokes behind the garage and we dont smoke.the cops were worthless.:dunno

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are petty amateurs they will be back.

Camera's are helpful, big dogs too. Firearm for "just in case".

Do NOT physically confront them if caught in the act, unless your state has "castle doctrine" - even then, use caution. Use of force laws are gray areas, and use of force even in self defense will always go to a grand jury hearing no matter the evidence or clarity of events. You only want to use force to prevent loss of life or great bodily harm. Leave property loss to insurance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online