Robbed my turbo kit an tools

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A throwdown works well. Just get your story straight and stick to it. I have nothing worth anyones life but.... I will defend my rights to keep what I have. After all its mine... Not theirs...:eek:

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this makes me mad too today somebody stole 3 of my 5 gallon gas cans wait till i find out:backoff:backoff:backoff...... im sorry for your loss tho that really really really aint right but just let the man upstairs take care of him:angel:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nothing worth anyones life but....
You seem to place a much higher value on certain people's lives that I do... Besides, you could only get in trouble with the Grand Jury it there are witnesses, so let them thieving a-holes enter your property and just make sure none of them leaves ;)

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your state, and the persuasion of the people commonly in your area. In a state like Cali you could find yourself being charged with 2nd degree. Texas (with castle doctrine) you would walk free. In states like mine, they have to forcefully enter an occupied building (our definition of criminal trespass) and I need to be in fear of harm to myself or others - within reason.

Now a civilian arrest is another story, usually a witnessed "breach of peace" is sufficient to give just cause to arrest someone. At this point the law is on your side, so I'm sure they won't question why the perp has a broken nose and black eyes. Just don't beat them once they stop resisting.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
It all depends on your state, and the persuasion of the people commonly in your area. In a state like Cali you could find yourself being charged with 2nd degree. Texas (with castle doctrine) you would walk free. In states like mine, they have to forcefully enter an occupied building (our definition of criminal trespass) and I need to be in fear of harm to myself or others - within reason.

Now a civilian arrest is another story, usually a witnessed "breach of peace" is sufficient to give just cause to arrest someone. At this point the law is on your side, so I'm sure they won't question why the perp has a broken nose and black eyes. Just don't beat them once they stop resisting.

Who says he actually stopped resisting? lol

I had someone steal a creeper from the common underground parking garage a while back. One day after it happened, I seen the "sus[ected stealers" walking outside, so I turned to my girlfriend and said "if I ever find out who stole my creeper, I plan on making sure they remember not to touch my stuff EVER again" so that they would overhear me and kept walking away.

Later that night, we went to go out for supper and magically my creeper was put back in front of our car against the wall like it was never touched.

Sometimes a good throttling, or a good threatening (direct or indirect) is all people need!:D

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who says he actually stopped resisting? lol

This is another aspect that a grand jury will look at, and again depends on your area. It can be determined if certain injuries were inflicted against someone who is unconscious. Some departments and DAs wont bother to check, others will go out of their way to charge you.

I guess all I can say is be careful, and if you must punish them - go for the gut, it doesn't bruise as easily.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn shame. First Chris, and now you. Such a small town too, but a little too close to NY for my tastes. That used to be such a nice area up there. Unless the neighbors were broke in also, I'm thinking the culprit zeroed in on you because he saw you working, knows you have tools, or knows your co-workers who know you have tools. Only a fool risks breaking into some home blindly, not knowing if the crime will pay off or not.

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only a fool risks breaking into some home blindly, not knowing if the crime will pay off or not.

Alter Ego agnem? just kidding.

Too bad about your turbo. My guess is its under a trailer down the street. Probably thought it would fit his 83 honda...

I would go door to door and ask ALL your neighbors if they saw anything. If you dont get any information at the least bit you may stop it from happening to one of your neighbors.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I guess all I can say is be careful, and if you must punish them - go for the gut, it doesn't bruise as easily.

Especially the kidneys. Let them *** red for a few days.

Sorry for your loss. I had an entire truck stolen last month. Not fun.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeps, that's always a good way of handling things, heck just holding them at gunpoint till the cops show up should work good - don't even bother beating them down, they'll get plenty of that when they go to jail.

I would go door to door and ask ALL your neighbors if they saw anything. If you dont get any information at the least bit you may stop it from happening to one of your neighbors.
That's a very good idea too, you never know who may have seen something they didn't even realize they saw till you bring up the point. And if the thieves try to hit another place in the neighborhood and get caught, you may just end up with some of your things back -yeah, optimistic I know, but one can only hope...

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here.... try this link:

http://spotcrime.com/

Ever since we got robbed back in Oct of last year, I trend to keep up w/ what's going on. Trying to read the local online county sheriff postings on their website sucks. But that link seems to work. Gives and update of what happens in a certain area/radius that you specify.

As stated, most burgles don't do blind robberies. Usually they watch a place for some time or have an idea what maybe there. If the garage was all was hit, odds are, someone saw you working on your truck and got a gander at the tools maybe. Not sure how your layout (ie garage opens toward road). Also, about the idea of someone you know having a had in it is also common (heck, maybe they saw the UPS/Fed Ex, what ever deliver it!) Oh, the Deputy that took our report said to us that follow up robberies usually take place w/ in 90 days. And yes, they can be useless. Our case is "cold", no suspects.

I bought two 'game' cameras, those ones you can mount on a tree. Two different types and they seem to be okay. They can take pics or a short vid clip. But they are set on motion detection, so I try to point it toward a place where I know there shouldn't be any foot traffic. yes, they are big and bulk, hard to hide- still working on hiding them (thinking of building a big 'bird house'). I also bought a two camera system from Costco online. Have yet to install since our home doesn't have that many outside outlets- especially in the areas that I want to put the cameras.

I noticed that they tried to kick in all of our exterior doors to gain entry. Even try to pry w/ a screw driver on one. They all held. They broke in using a lower level window. (Funny though, I ended up reinforcing all the doors afterward, even though they used a window... reinforced striker plates, new deadbolts on doors that didn't have any, long 3" screws on the door striker plates AND hinges...goes into the 2x4 frame, not just door jamb).

Heck, I even installed a do it yourself alarm system- wireless! One that can be programs w/ phone numbers and call you via the home line (yes, it can call you on your cell). I think if you search on Amazon you can find some. I wasn't willing to pay a monthly service charge to have someone monitor it....

(For those who are wondering, I have spent more on security upgrades vs how much they took. Granted, what they took wasn't worth reporting a claim to the insurance & in our case, I think it was someone we knew/know- no proof though. And yes, we have dogs...but most were in the field following and only two were home tied up.) Sorry about the long reply.... I know what can go through your mind since it happened to us. In my case, they stole a handgun that retails for $1100.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online