Review: pensacola diesel

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok since there have been mixed reviews with pensacola I thought I would start this thread to use MY experience to help others.

First time I used them was about a year ago when I got new BB injectors from them.. i think it was around 150 shipped to me. so far so good on those. quick shipping, etc.

On monday i ordered a new IP from them, since I have a large turbo and cant afford the moose pump I decided to order a turbo model (93/94 idi). I decidede to go with a rebuilt one because I know my old pump was tired, plus it was turned ALL the way up. id guess it has 90k miles on it.. anyway, I also ordered new caps/orings/etc from them to do it all at the same time. I ordered the older 6.9 style injector set, since thats whats on there now and what i have, only a few hours after placing order one of the guys called me to confirm that the pump and kit was right, since the years didnt match up. I told him it was. i got the pump yesterday, thats 3 days which is damn good (nto as quick as diesel care, which I ordered a ip pump rebuild kit from on monday and got it on tuesday, but they are also further away)

here is the pump, i know one of the past complaints was a dirty pump, mine looks damn nice here is a pic:

You must be registered for see images

i wont be able to install pump until saturday, if its nice. which its suppose to be. i will post any updates then.

fyi the turbo pump was same price as normal pump 311 plus shipping, and kit was 19 bucks. came to like 344 for both. no core to send back either.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I ordered BB code injectors and a return line kit from them. It was shipped fast and all injectors are good ;Sweet. I would buy from them again...but next time injectors are going to be Russ or Mel ;Sweet

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
My IP is still holding up - I haul a 12ft loaded trailer at least once a week with it, seems to work fine. Got BB codes from them as well.

I'm sure that MWFI and Moose Pumps are more finely tuned, but given the price for the pump I got $295.00 and the $19.00ea injectors I'm pretty happy.

They've been in a year now and about 10,000 miles

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think Pensacola gets the IP's from MWFI. I KNOW MWFI rebuilds pumps for lot's of other companies, for resale.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I really don't want to see anyone here giving any sort of good feedback on Diesel Care. I've had nothing but bad luck with the stuff I bought from them. The guy was a jerk, took almost a year to send us the correct injectors for my moms truck and then they still didn't run right. We had bought two sets of BB code injectors at the same time, I ran one set in my red 2wd truck for about 500 miles before one (or more) quit popping correctly and the engine started running rough. Now I finally used the second set in my brown trucks engine, after getting them tested and most of them coming out fine, and am regretting that decision big time right now because they not only quit running correctly in less than 100 miles, two injectors are dumping so much fuel into the cylinders I'm afraid one of them hydrolocked my new engine. DO NOT BUY FROM DIESEL CARE.

I have purchased a couple injectors from Pensacola Diesel and am very happy with their service. If you're going to purchase from a company, purchase from them or MWFI. Steer clear of Diesel Care.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I ordered a set of new BB injectors and a return line kit for my 92 7.3. Absolutley no problems with the injectors or return line kit and I received the parts within 3 days of placing the order. I would order from them again as I had no problems.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Pensacloa did my right. I would buy from them again if I could pay $295.00 and free shipping with no core charge... But things change... Diesel Carreless is never going to get any of my money... Unless I want a fight....:sly My BB injectors from Russ are doing bettwer than the G injectors and I would buy from him again... Mel has the moose misters and when I can swing it I will be buying 2 sets... I like spares as you all know.... Maybe in another life I was a traveling salesman selling rags and post out of a horse drawn wagon....:rotflmao

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i love my injectors from russ, yes i had to pay more than pensacola and it was tempting not to buy them from them but i know if i bought them from russ there garenteed

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ is also pressure matching them, that alone is time consuming and worth some extra coin. I've got a set of his on the shelf waiting on the "other" stuff going in, I'm gonna do it all at once.

Personally, I would go with Russ or Mel since they are here and both are very willing to help you out if you get in trouble. I know I've taken up a ton of Russ's time trying to figure out what to do with my turbo which I hope to send him in the next week or so for a rebuild and I know Mel is also always willing to give you some advice when needed, to me, that's worth the difference (if any) in price. I used to pressure test and rebuild injectors at the machine shop, just going through and matching pressures takes quite a bit of time, especially if you have to go into each one to bring the pressures within tolerance.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Personally, I have not dealt with any diesel companies out there, but I have delt with Russ.....and I would dealw ith him any day of the week. I would rather give up my hard earned money to a fellow oilburner for quality parts with advice. I am not saying anythign bad about the other companies, just I'd rather have my money go to someone on here.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Personally, I have not dealt with any diesel companies out there, but I have delt with Russ.....and I would dealw ith him any day of the week. I would rather give up my hard earned money to a fellow oilburner for quality parts with advice. I am not saying anythign bad about the other companies, just I'd rather have my money go to someone on here.

Agreed and I would have purchased the injectors from Russ, but at the time I was not a frequenter of this forum.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

same here i would rather someone on here have my money than anyone else, well right now no one can have my money cause i aint got any!:rotflmao

wolf5842

Reaction score
Got my BB's from Typ4, he got them out to me very quickly. Personally, I rather support someone who actively participates in this forum. You get what you pay for, sometimes paying less in $ is not always the best value.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86