Review: pensacola diesel

friendly towin

Reaction score
injectors

I just ordered new injectors from pensacola for 19.00 dollars each. They said they R brand new so I thought I couldn't go wrong. After I install them on my tow truck I will post again if I like them or not. I was wondering if the guys that had bad experience with pensacola if the inectors were rebuilt or new ones.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I only know of one member who had bad luck with Pensacola, and he might as well have had trouble with MWFI because I'm 99% sure they sell their pumps to Pensacola. IP's seem to have been a hit and miss deal until Mel came around with his Moose and Baby Moose pumps. His guy gets them right the first time and there's no guess work in it.
I know of several members here who have had problems with Diesel Care though, including me, obviously.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I got a pump and injectors from Diesel care before they earned their reputation. My rebuilt injectors folded after about 5000 miles and my pump is getting weaker by the day. My next pump will be sporting antlers :D

Not much fonder of Pensacola. we tried to time one of their pumps in a friends truck to no avail. The thing was all over the place. He bought that thing about the same time as Hammerdown

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bb injectors i got from pensacola were new. and a side note on the diesel care: my only experience ive had with them is buying a IP rebuild KIT just a bunch of gaskets, orings and washers. my only experience with them so far.

suppose to be nice tomorrow so i plan on taking out all injectors, checking them, reseating them and cleaning them before putting them back in. will try to take pics of them.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered new injectors from pensacola for 19.00 dollars each. They said they R brand new so I thought I couldn't go wrong. After I install them on my tow truck I will post again if I like them or not. I was wondering if the guys that had bad experience with pensacola if the inectors were rebuilt or new ones.
Along with 3 bad DB2 IP's I did purchase 8 *new* BB's from Pensacola...they turned out fine. I did however pop-test each one myself. All showed a nice spray pattern.
I wouldn't wish anyone the aggravation (and time spent) I went through with their rebuilt IP's.
However, I documented everything I did with pictures/letters/notes etc and Pensacola did refund my money.
Lesson learned...all that seems to be a good deal...may not be ;Really

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got old pump out, new pump in as well as took injectors out to check them. they all looked good except for the ones i didnt tighten down enough and there was residue past the injector tip. havent had a chance to start it. started about 3pm due to helping a friend, almost finished around 7 too dark to continue.. just gotta bleed the lines and a few other small things my next day off to test it.

on a side note, if you have a leaking cowl to hood seal replace it.. i finally ordered one and luckily i did because where my number 8 gp was full of water.. so its not only unsightly it can cause some BIG problems if left unfixed.

Last edited:

friendly towin

Reaction score
INJECTORS

The injectors I bought from pensacola r BB. I have a add on turbo kit from ats and I think the injectors should be ok if I turn up the pump. When I bought the injectors I was like wow that's alot of money but then I looked at the price of powerstroke injectors and felt lucky I didn't have to buy eight of those bad boys.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well got it back together, started it after a few attempts and seemed to idle great. took a few times of adjusting the ip mark to advance it, but after a few adjustments it started up and idled great. i heard the cold timing kick off too which i didnt with old pump. i have a video of it idling before and after cold advance so ill try to upload htem and post them here to see if you guys think it sounds good/right. i also lost a crows foot wrench down the side of the engine somewhere and can NOT find the damn thing, i looked everywhere and hand my hand every where on the chasis i could find, i figure itll fall out after a little more idling or driving or ill at least hear it rattle so i can find it.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys are having good luck with them but hammerdown and I have been less fortunate. The last pump I got from them was absolutely beautiful, looked like it came out of the factory brand new but the damn thing shook the truck so bad at idle, I thought it was going to fall apart.
My next pump will also be from Mel.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
X2 on the cowl seal. On NA trucks the water that drips in there sits on top of the Air Cleaner looking for a way to drain into the intake manifold, and then to an open cylinder.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Time to break out a magnet to chase down that crows foot before it gets into something

dirty wheels

Reaction score
Got a pump for my chevy 6.5 from pensacola. Prompt service, quick shipping and works well on install all the way to Australia. All good by me.