Remote Turbo mount

wmoguy

Reaction score
I'm curious, why remote a turbo? there's plenty of room under the hood and would involve less plumbing and oil delivery issues?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
lower under hood temps. And just less to deal with underhood idk I like the remote idea

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about it........for some one like me that is crazy enough to try and build their own turbo system, it would be easier to fabricate a remote setup than a conventional one.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
so far its been really easy getting everything preped and ready to go ive got a oil scavange pump on the way, but i had to put everything back to normal for a couple weeks i had to start driving my truck for work so i couldnt have it down. and as far as my reasoning for a remote mount its easier to plumb in and a lot lower under hood temps, no need for an intercooler im using aluminum pipe from the turbo to the intake. i have yet to get pictures of everything, ive been much to busy to really even look at it. im really excited cause june 18 theres drags here so im hopin to give it a whirl then and get videos..... ill report back soon on this thread. not runnin from it yet .

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
well heres a great update for all, i bet there was many that doubted theyd ever see any further info on this setup, well not true its 1000% complete and works extrely well. i have a short video clip of it and also have pics of the instal. to follow just am uploading them to photobucket as i type this message. i got a scavange pump from www.turbowerx.com great product and great people to deal with would deffinately use their product again. local hydraulic shop Rudon Enterprises sponsered me the oil supply / return line, which would have cost roughly 300.00 the charge pipe to the intake at the moment is only made from black pvc pipe which amazingly held up extremly well, reason i used that way was cause my lengths of aluminum pipe hasnt showed up yet. and the BD Diesel Wicked Compressor wheel was bought from BD Diesel out of Surrey BC Canada. i have ordered a 12V electrick edic motor which will alow up to 4 adjustable settings on the warm up flap but using it as an exhaust brake. the highest boost numbers i have hit with my set up was accelerating up a 10% grade at WOT accelerating from 100kmph to over 160kmph. was roughly 28-29psi but i have to watch the boost at the moment i can hit 12-15 extremly fast and easy. so i am going to need to order a BOV or an external waste gate of somesort to control it. ( dont wanna blow my motor) and my egts would usually peak at 1200* and now im hard pressed to see close to 950* and my pump is a brand new pump from BD Diesel as well and i got a set of new Delphi BB injectors. and yes i am studded. but all in all i am absolutely please with the results from this instal.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh my god! That video was such a ***** tease. Show us more!

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
sorry ill get a better video today its not raining out, and ill actually get the images posted once im off work i fell asleep last night with keyboard in my hands waiting for the pics to upload lol ill catch up this evening

Black dawg

Reaction score
what do you have done to your injection pump to push those kind of boost numbers out of an obs stroker turbo?