Remote Turbo mount

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Like Mell said, change your fuel ump to electric and use the lift pump for oil return.

At least that way when(not if) the diaphragm goes bad it will put engine oil in the crank case, NOT fuel

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! that sure does sound nice, im looking forward to seeing pictures of the install.
Where abouts in BC do you live anyways?

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
that truck that got wrinkled up was my buddies truck his lh tie rod snapped goin down the high way and sent him straight into a rock face. thats originally where i got my turbo from :p that truck is beyond fixable goin to go out for a cruise right now will have a new video to post tonight. and matt-jenkins i am north of you up in terrace. i was actually just in langley and chilliwack for a friends wedding this past weekend.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Cool man! Glad we are starting to see people experiment with different turbo setups!

And from what I gathered, a wicked wheel is only an upgrade to the superduty 7.3's (99-2003, although early 99's have them already), and its essentially the stock wheel off of a OBS PSD turbo.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
as far as a dyno run goes i doubt that will ever happen any time soon, the nearest one to me is over 1200km away in Alberta Canada. but you are right on the wicked wheel it is a "stock wheel" they said but replacing it will still benifit the obs psd the rep at bd informed me. as far as having anything done to my injector pump its stock with the screw in all the way. and a set of bb injectors. unless my diesel mechanic here did something to it without me knowing which is entirely possible. he likes doing that kind of thing i think its all normal. he put in the injectors and the pump. my next thing to do asap is a RDT to get ride of the CDR set up. but here is some pics of the instal and i have another video but it was fairly windy out so its not great but will load it here shortly to. when its nice ill get another one and also a drive by clip with a buddy runnin the camera
You must be registered for see images attach

also have two new videos uploading at the moment to enjoy

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a giddy fit!:eek:;Sweet:love:

I LIKE where you put it.;Sweet (wonder what it would be like to run twins with another one on the other sideLOL).

ok, I believe you now. So what's the lag time like on that setup?

Just for the comparison, my ATS 088 setup was able to just hold my truck empty at 70 MPH on a 10% grade on a good day (pre turbo was closer to 45).

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Really liking the dash, where did you get the stainless overlay?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online