Remote Start......

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Well I have a complete toggle switch ignition. pretty simple to do and only used 4 switches. I can imagine if you got 4 remote controlled relays you could do it like that. the simplest way to do it would have 4 different buttons for the 4 different switches/relays. (ACC/Ignition/Glow/Start). might want a NSS to work the starter

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ac in 98 degree weather and heat when it hits the occasional 40 degrees lol.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
What is with you yanks? Just because it's Florida doesn't mean it doesn't get cold. Last winter we got into the teens in my area. 2 years ago we got an inch of snow. This year has been frigid so far. Today was in the low 60's, yesterday it didn't get above 49 in my neck of the woods during the day. It gets cold, I swear to you.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did as well. I need to put antifreeze in my truck. Haven't had a chance to replace it since cutting a radiator hose awhile back. Guess I need to get on it as well as figure out why my glow plug controller isn't power up all the time.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I am curious. WHy do you want a remote start in Fl?:confused:

all my cars that i drive to school have remote start. Letting them sit out in the parking lot at FAU sucked. I can remote start my Crown Vic or my 89 at the time or the suburban from my phone and the car would be tolerable once i got in it. Windows wouldn't help when you're stuck in traffic with everyone leaving school at the same time and it was 95F outside.

Bob87

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I asked for and received an Ultra Start Remote Start system for christmas. Its been a few yeares since I've installed one of these, but there used to be t-harness kits available so you didn't have to splice any wires. Do you guys know if they are still around? I've done an hour of Googling and searching Amazon without much luck.

Thanks!

Bob87

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, honestly I've never looked for one for a Ford specifically. I put one in my wife's 99 Dakota and at the time (2004-2005) they had T-harnesses for different applications.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Well, honestly I've never looked for one for a Ford specifically. I put one in my wife's 99 Dakota and at the time (2004-2005) they had T-harnesses for different applications.

i was responding to riot warrior..:D