Remote Start......

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Moosetrodamus LOL nice name-drop

I have an Viper in my truck. Remote start, keyless entry, does remote windows up and down too. It has a glow plug wait to start option. i have my glow plugs on a toggle so i can either use the stock controller or manual since i have delco 60G. Its sweet, especially with my iphone interface.

All my cars except my old Benz have remote starts. My 89 had a ultra start i bought for 60 bucks off ebay which had the diesel wait to start option too.

It can be rigged so it won't remote start without the ebrake on.

Holy crap they're cheap as hell now. I have this one still. Love the METAL remotes so they don;t break off my heavy key ring.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraStart-PROSTART-PRO172-Remote-Start-Keyless-System-New-FREE-SHIPPING-/190607909602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c611de2e2

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
FST, what i don't think you realize is that the remote start module powers everything!

It has 2 ignition leads, 1 accessory lead. So its basically bypassing your ignition switch while its being remote started and run. the ultrastart unit has relays built in so it makes install a breeze. the ip gets voltage from the ignition switch anyways. Think of it this way, the unit is basically doing everything you do except turn the key. You then jump in, turn the key to run and away you go. Touch the brake and it kills the unit. It also has antigrind built in and if the alarm happens to be going off then it won't start at all till you disarm it with a remote.

I also use it as a turbo timer, i have it set for 5 minutes. I hit the button on the remote before i turn the ignition off and it keeps everything powered once i remove the key.

Last edited:

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I've never dealt with remote starting systems...so you'd be correct. It basically bypasses use of the key but functions as if the key were being used?

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
The way I have it figured is if I put my truck in 4L 1st gear at the far end of the school parking lot, and start it 5 minutes before I leave it should be about right at the front door by the time I get there :angel:

Not sure how many cars will be piled up in front of it but it will be there chugging away :D

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I've never dealt with remote starting systems...so you'd be correct. It basically bypasses use of the key but functions as if the key were being used?

yup! the unit will wait for the gp power to switch off, then supply 12v to the ignition and accessory circuit. then it applys power to the starter circuit. and you can set it for a preset crank time or do other ways for run detection. Mine is setup for RPM sense via the tach. Both the Viper and the cheapo ebay unit will do it.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
The way I have it figured is if I put my truck in 4L 1st gear at the far end of the school parking lot, and start it 5 minutes before I leave it should be about right at the front door by the time I get there :angel:

Not sure how many cars will be piled up in front of it but it will be there chugging away :D

its why mine looks for ground on the ebrake circuit now. Mine backed into a tree. Friend borrowed my 89 F250 and it went through two yards, through a shallow canal and sat itself on a kumquat tree. ONly thing that stopped it was the tree uprooted and it picked the ass end up and the front end was only a one wheel peel. By the time we got to the truck the front tire already dug a hole and the truck was still running.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You never cease to surprise me asian. The stories just get better and better lol. I wish my life were as exciting.