Remote Start......

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it would be possible to put a remote start kit on our trucks with the addition of a 12V timer inline on the power wire for the IP. Think it's feasible? :dunno I'm just thinkin out of my gluteus maxims :D

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the glow plugs? Should probably also have something that wont let it start unless it sees the ebrake engaged and the tranny out of gear.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know how you would do it, but for the timer you could use a RV furnace delay timer, they delay about 10 seconds to let the fan purge the combustion chamber before the gas valve opens, nice little 12V module. That's a start. I just might ponder over this. Got a remote start for a GM car I've had for years. Just don't push me, won't answer any questions about it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think some of them have built in timers so when you hit the start button it will turn ignition on, and then wait x amount of seconds, and then cranks. That's what you would need.

I would always be paranoid about leaving it in gear or something.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alarm I rescued from a wrecked vehicle has a remote start on it with glow plug option...just saying...read the box or check web sites...

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a remote to tap the pedal to get it to high idle? Seems like this is alot more then just turning the key.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao

Good golly Ron where in God's name did you find that video? That had been lost to the sands of time AND my memory. LOL Thanks for the reminder.

I never did solve the glow plug/high idle issue. I got lazy and had better things to do. However, it always started up within a couple hours of shut down with the remote even without a glow actuation. What I actually found the remote start the most usefull for, was to be able to leave the truck run while at a convienence stop. I would activate the unit, turn the key off and take it out and lock the doors. If I didn't return within 15 minutes, the truck would automatically shut itself off. When I did come back, and it was still running, all I had to do was put the key back in, turn it to On, and then drive away. Bulldog made a different unit that was designed for diesels, and had an extra wire that would turn on for whatever amount of time you programmed it to prior to cranking. That would have been the easiest solution.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you've owned IDI's for almost 30 years (! OMG !) it's hard not to have done most things.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:rotflmao

Good golly Ron where in God's name did you find that video? That had been lost to the sands of time AND my memory. LOL Thanks for the reminder.

I was transferring files onto my new PC a few weeks back and stumbled across it. Not sure how or why it was where it was but well WHOMP there it is!LOL

Any time Moosetradamus.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online