reckon i am done lurking :) ele pump ?

graywolf

Reaction score
I picked up my holley red pump and block off plate today .
question is ... Do you all use a fuel pressure regulator before the fuel filter head ??

btw - this is a 89 f-350 4x4 7.3 na 5 speed
P.S. Thanks for great site and all the useful info ;Sweet
i have done the "soup *****" , installed new fuel return kit , installed the water filter mod , and have replaced the (8) injectors .
I am new to ford trucks and to diesel for my own work truck. Many thanks again

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I dont have the answer to your ?. But I just wanted to say welcome! That first post is always the toughest one to get out of the way. I'm sure you'll like it here...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Nope no fuel pressure regulator needed on the Red Pump. It's output is within the specs for the stock fuel system.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Nope, pressure regulator not needed. I put 2 small "ball valves" in the line just before and just after the e-pump . Have the ball valve in the closed position and rubber tube already on so you can slip it on quickly when you cut the fuel line. You'll be surprised at how much fuel will run back out of the line from the front of engine and fuel flows outta that back line friggin fast and when you're on yer back it gets all over ya. We wouldn't want ya goin back in the house all smellin like friggin DIESEL, now would we:eek: ? Havefun, OkieGringo

graywolf

Reaction score
Thanks for the input and install tips. I will go get busy on my project. :thumbsup:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome gray! Glad to have you onboard.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be carefull you don't put your block-off plate on upside down. It's hard to see up there.

Snowdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block-off plate?

What's going to happen of you leave the mechanical pump in, just bypassed? I did that many years ago, am I going to have a problem?
Thanks,
Gary

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Leaving old pump on...

It has been said that the arm can fail and fall off, eventually falling down into the oil pan just waiting for a chance to lodge itself in the spinning crankshaft. Not sure how often this problem occurs, mine is gone though as I didn't want to chance it for the cost of a $10 part. Pete over on TDS mentioned it to me, and if he said to get it off there, I get it off there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86