Re-wire rear door windows

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Let me make sure I’m keeping up with this. Your front driver and passenger window work from the current drivers window control but none of the windows work from the individual window switch on the door.
I know you said the person you bought it from didn’t add the power windows but did you ask him if they ever all worked?
If what I wrote above is correct; Take one of the working (front driver or front passenger) switches out of the drivers window control and put it in the passenger door and see if your passenger window works.
Ford's don't work that way. All windows get power from the driver switch panel.
Actually AFAIK, even gm and dodge are that way. (Think of the window lock feature)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one should just be a bad power switch since it works from driver side.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the power comes from drivers door but it also has an individual switch on each door. Front passenger side works from drivers door but not from switch on front passenger door. It’s most likely the passengers side door switch. And you bring up a good point, if the drivers door control is in the lock position it will do what he is seeing as well. No individual switches work.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re back to drivers door control to check if you have power going to the individual doors.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you put in the switch you got from the pick and pull that controls all 4 windows and lock position.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
I have not yet. I had to step out. I'm now getting to the plugs. Working on getting the plugs in and mocking/splicing it in.

I had checked before on power to the rear windows and found no source of power

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t do more. Keep in mind the lock button that cuts the power to the individual window switches on the doors.

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
@gnathv I appreciate all the help. Im gonna dig into this and see if it won't work. Ill update when I get to that point

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online