Re-wire rear door windows

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I've recently bought a 94 F350 crew cab and have been working out the kinks on it. The thing I'm working on right now is getting all the power windows to work

Previous owner had installed single cab doors and wired in just the single cab window control. I can roll the driver front and passenger front windows for my door, but none others work. From my understanding the other door relays all run through what would be the driver controls.

Is there a way to bypass/wire power direct to the other door relays and work without issue? If not, than is there and easier way to access the wiring behind pedal support besides taking the whole dash out.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this is the driver switch you should have if your truck came with front and rear power windows. If you have all the wiring to the rear windows you’ll see a bundle running on driver side at the bottom of rear door pillar going from door frame into the rear door. Do you have that wiring?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Factory power windows in all 4 doors of a Crew Cab wasn’t available until 96 or 97….. Every CC pickup with power windows has 2 power (front doors) and 2 crank (back doors) so what you are describing is how Ford would have built a 94 with power windows…..

The trucks that had 4 power windows are rare… @IDIoit has been trying to track all that stuff down for a long time, and I think he finally found it all after years of searching and collecting parts.

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
@gnathv I had to go out to a pick an pull and find that switch. Yes I do have the mentioned wiring going all the way into yhe rear doors.

@snicklas It came this way when I got it. All of the wiring is there. Unfortunately the gentlemen I bought it from did not do the work, so I cant get any answers

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
So if the rear power doors are something put in later, than I'm assuming that I'm gonna have to pull the dash to effectively trace all wiring and ensure its all in good condition.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that a 94 with all power windows is a rarity. If the wiring is there you should be able to add the correct drivers window control switch and have working windows. You need to look at the plug in to your current drivers window switch and see what you have. The rear wiring may be there.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the rear windows try to do anything using the rear individual switches?

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
@gnathv that's what I'm trying to do right now. Its just a pain to get my fat hand underneath and trace it. The wiring in the door its self is a 12 pair bundle, while the switch i picked up is a 16 I believe

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me make sure I’m keeping up with this. Your front driver and passenger window work from the current drivers window control but none of the windows work from the individual window switch on the door.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If what I wrote above is correct; Take one of the working (front driver or front passenger) switches out of the drivers window control and put it in the passenger door and see if your passenger window works.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you said the person you bought it from didn’t add the power windows but did you ask him if they ever all worked?

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
Let me make sure I’m keeping up with this. Your front driver and passenger window work from the current drivers window control but none of the windows work from the individual window switch on the door.

Yes sir that is correct. The dual control of the driver operates both fronts. All other individual doors have not operation at their respective switches

I will swap the switch here shortly and see if it works

Cody Sapp

Reaction score
I know you said the person you bought it from didn’t add the power windows but did you ask him if they ever all worked?

He said they never worked. When I first got it the passenger door was actually swapped with a manual door. He had the power door already and gave it to me. I just put it back on and plugged it in

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7