Power windows

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger power window recently stopped working. It doesn't work from either door's switch.
The driver's window still works fine.
I believe that there's only one fuse for both windows.
So I guess it must be the passenger motor quit, right?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Correct there's one circuit breaker. Those motors aren't that hard to replace.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you hear the motor in the door and nothing is happening? If so, there's 3 rubber plugs in the window regulator motor that disentigate and have to be replaced some times. And for some reason, and I don't understand it, the passenger side motor seems to get weak and need assistance.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sounds at all from the switches or the motor.

Hopefully these are much easier to replace than the plastic pieces that break off the wife's Saab's window regulators. Always some blood involved in that job. And they broke often.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Vw's use the same annoying style plastic tabs. But you're in luck, ours are scissor gears, rather than cable pulleys.

You could pull the interior panel off and check voltage at the connector before throwing parts at it. Easy enough to do.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vw's use the same annoying style plastic tabs. But you're in luck, ours are scissor gears, rather than cable pulleys.

You could pull the interior panel off and check voltage at the connector before throwing parts at it. Easy enough to do.
Absolutely. And when you get at it, you might find that it's fine and that you just can't hear it and you just have replace the 3 rubber plugs. I pretty much replace them on everything I get, because if they haven't disentigated they're about to at a inconvenient time.

It might be that all your new horsepower from the IP has incompasitated your window!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's that Murphy fellow again. It happens because you're not sitting there next to it to help it up.
It's crazy, tow truck, bronco, and dually have to have help to get up. Driver windows are legit, passenger windows want help. And I help the bronco back glass up and down, just because.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there's no sound either the motor failed or the wires broke in the door jamb. I reciently had to replace my Dr side motor. Instead of the special rivets I put it back in with screws

I used stainless clip on nuts and hex bolts because I felt fancy LOL

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there's no sound either the motor failed or the wires broke in the door jamb. I reciently had to replace my Dr side motor. Instead of the special rivets I put it back in with screws
You would have to be a "Ford Weirdo" to get special rivets to reinstall the motors, maybe someone who used to be into Chrysler products. I would recommend nylock nuts on the bolts you use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online