Window mechanics compatibility

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Well this may not apply to you/your situation but few yr ago I picked up a '94 cab, chassis, factory IDIT engine, etc, etc, everything except bed & tranny. I used the windshield, engine, & other stuff in/on my '90.
I used both '94 doors with electric windows & locks onto my '92 F250 that had manual windows & locks...... onto that swap it was "plug-n-play."
However from the '94 to the '90 doors I don't know if everything would swap easily. My '90 has electric windows & locks.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know that may be a possibility. I was planning on testing one of the door panels yesterday but then I ran into fairly bad rust in the floorboards in my 90. I will be pulling a door panel and testing the closure of the door before I go through the trouble of swapping everything.
Even if they don't hit the dash, I think they are going to look weird as the aero door panel is matched to the dash.

James

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike I know you have your hands full with floor pans right now, but I wanted to close the loop on what I found swapping to power doors. As I said earlier the power door harness is a standalone harness that has to be taken from the donor truck, but thankfully the plug that attaches it to the main truck harness was ready and waiting under the driver’s side kick panel. All I had to do to get the doors hooked up was route the harness and plug it in. I also took the two circuit breakers for doors/windows from the donor truck and plugged them into the empty slots in my fuse box. Overall this is a very easy swap for anyone else considering it.

On a side note, take a look at what I found holding my window up when I pulled the panel on my new door. Looks like I have a little more work to do lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike I know you have your hands full with floor pans right now, but I wanted to close the loop on what I found swapping to power doors. As I said earlier the power door harness is a standalone harness that has to be taken from the donor truck, but thankfully the plug that attaches it to the main truck harness was ready and waiting under the driver’s side kick panel. All I had to do to get the doors hooked up was route the harness and plug it in. I also took the two circuit breakers for doors/windows from the donor truck and plugged them into the empty slots in my fuse box. Overall this is a very easy swap for anyone else considering it.

On a side note, take a look at what I found holding my window up when I pulled the panel on my new door. Looks like I have a little more work to do lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
That's good information to have about the harness. Wow that is some kind of special going on in that door! Previous owner must have been one of those craigslist professional carpenters. I hate going back behind thoes people to fix things they have "fixed".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86