Pulls to the left

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I just got new tires and afterward I noticed that the truck now pulls to the left. I did not notice this before the new tires. I am not blaming the tires just yet, though I haven't ruled them out either. I thought maybe someone would have had a similar problem (pulling to left) and could point me in the right direction. I am suspecting that the steering stabilizer shock might be bad??? Have yet to confirm that though. Any ideas or advice???

Exekiel69

Reaction score
It could be that but still something is pulling the truck in that direction. Ball joints and alingment could be wy is doing this.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can offer is this quick story. Friend of mine bought a new Silverado. Complained that it pulled to the right from the day he bought it. Kept taking it back to the dealer, and the dealer kept shrugging. Finally they proclaimed "the rear axle tube is bent. We'll replace it under warranty". So, they tear the guts out of his axle, scratch up all the paint wrenching, and give it back to him. Still pulls to the right. He's totally frustrated. I fly to Indianapolis for work, and rent a new Silverado from National. I'm laughing as I drive it. I call my friend on the cell phone. "Guess what I'm driving Ken? Yea, a new Silverado. Yea, that's right. Guess what? It pulls to the right! :rotflmao " He's not amused. One day, while visiting an old service station, he mentions this whole story to the old timer who runs the place. "it's your tires." the old man says. "Can't be." Says Ken. "Tell you what young fella, I'll lend you a set of wheels that will fit that truck, and if it don't pull, you buy a new set of tires from me. If it does, then I won't charge you anything." So after a year of fighting with the Chevy dealer, Ken cuts the old man a check.

Diezel_Cowboy

Reaction score
Mel,
Good story, like I said I havent ruled out the tires but they are supposed to be the best of the best (Cooper Discoverer STT 285/75/R16). I called the place that I bought them from and told the guy it was pulling to the left. There is supposed to be a free alignment check with the purchase of new tires. So I hit him up on that. If the truck turns out to be aligned correctly when they check it, then they are gonna get 4 tires back!

rubberfish

Reaction score
You want to see if it's the tires?
Swap the fronts side to side and
then take it for a drive again.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i know it is a sinple thing but are you sure the air pressure is right with all the tires. other tires are made to rotate in a certian direction, i dont know about yours but its somthing to check if they messed up on that.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like JRed said, the first thing to check is the tire pressure. A vehicle will pull to the side with the lowest pressure (most rolling resistance).

Also you may have always had the pull, but your old tires pulled the other way. I'm cheap, so if I have a little pull I'll lower one tire 5psi and raise the other tire 5 psi to straighten it out.

Diezel_Cowboy

Reaction score
Well checking the tire pressure was also my first thought so I have already done that and it still pulls to the left.
I may switch the front tires from side to side to rule out the tires. One would assume that if it is the tires and I switch them then the truck should either pull to the right or go straight.