Pulled a 1987 out of a hole

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, so what I've done for that in the past with some luck is wire wheel the crud out of it, and then use two hose clamps. Make sure they are S clamps, and not regular ones.
i picked up one of those clamps today, I always use them for fuel but I was having trouble finding the larger ones for radiator hoses, found them at the irrigation section of the feed store.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Weird, we try to exclusively use them at work for coolant, cause regular screw clamps, the hose starts to squish through the slotted bit. Hope it works for ya.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This wire has no power going to it, and I no longer hear the engine change pitch a few minutes after I drive. How is it supposed to work?
You must be registered for see images attach

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Those clamps are the bomb, I use those whenever I can.

As for the cold advance solenoid, it gets its power from the coolant sensor that's just to the left of the injection pump. If the fast idle works but not the timing advance, then the sensor is probably bad. Or one leg of the wire is bad.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke down on the side of the highway, no idea what’s wrong just cruising along great and than dead nothing maybe one misfire but barely noticeable and than nothing. FSS still clicks.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I broke down on the side of the highway, no idea what’s wrong just cruising along great and than dead nothing maybe one misfire but barely noticeable and than nothing. FSS still clicks.
Try pouring some warm water on the pump?

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to go tow myself now, hopefully the powerstroke does that ok, otherwise I will have real problems!

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My brother in law was kind enough to lend a hand, winch on the front of the truck really came in handy.

I think my 9 month old Napa lift pump failed.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current plan is to just warranty swap the Napa manual pump and hope for better results this time. If it fails early again I will need to find a better solution.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New lift pump solved all my problems except it now has a teeny tiny leak from the flare fitting due to an imperfection in the new part. But at least it pumps fuel.

I may need to go e pump although I don’t want to at all.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to space constraints in the shop I was working outside yesterday afternoon and it’s very hot here already so I had a high class sun shade rigged up.

I put an unhealthy amount of this stuff on the flare and torqued it half way to kingdom come and so far it’s holding.

So far truck is doing good

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CDDs hardline delete kit installed yesterday, seems to have solved my olive problem but time will tell for sure.