PSD in an '84 F250... Seen one today! (Pics)

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Well, I'm on a trip from Portland, OR to Oroville, CA to pick up a table saw, and while picking it up here in Oroville, I hear a PSD engine coming up the road, but it was a slantnose! Too bad the guy was not very open to conversation, but he did let me take pics of the engine. What he wouldn't allow was pictures of anything else.-cuss

He said the computer was in by the E-brake, he kept the T-19 and put a gearvendors overdrive in. The engine was a 97. The radiator is off the 97. The cruise is the only thing that he didn't get working because he needed a vss axle, didn't have one on the truck. The tach from the '97 dash was grafted in, but he kept all the others.

Diesel-Brad, maybe.. maybe.. damnit

You must be registered for see images attach

Momma told me never sneak, but I could see the dash through the open wing window, and it was too tempting :sly LOL

The truck was just a tan 4x4 supercab with the back seat removed. It was nothing pretty to look at, but he said he'd put 100k miles on it trouble free, and it sounded good idling.

Last edited:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Wonder why he was so secretive? :dunno

A while back I pulled into a truck stop to buy fuel and heard a late seventies dentside fire up in the lane next to mine. Definately had a PSD under the hood. I ran over trying to get the guy to let me take a look around,

"no man, i'm busy"

as he popped the clutch and hauled ass off into the distance. cookoo

I decided that he probably wasn't the one who did the conversion, he probably got it off craigslist and didn't want to be embarrased when the questions started comming in... :rolleyes:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, love the fact that he kept the factory dash.;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brad-
i talked to my buddy who did his PSD to bricky conversion, he said he used a van wiring harness in order to keep the orig dash in his truck. All he needed to put in was a CEL light to make the smog people happy.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Drool

What am I missing here? You have to run the computer wiring and the tach wire? That's nicely done in there, and doesn't seem as intimidating as it did. You suppose some aftermarket cruise control could be grafted in?

Thanks for the photos.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cruise is the only thing that he didn't get working because he needed a vss axle, .

dont need the axle.use the electronic thing that was stuck in the crown vic tranny.they came with just the sensor or the sensor and the speedo cable.just make sure the gear on it is the correct tooth count for your gears and tires.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I am sure he made a closed loop harness, that is part of the problem why he doesnt have cruise.

If I have time when I do the swap I will keep the stock dash and graft in the insturment panel. but If I dont have time I will use the whole donor truck dash for simplicity. But I REALLY want to keep my 86 dash, but that means cutting and splicing the headlight switch harness,wiper controls,fuel selector switch, dimmer switch, heater controls and some other things. If I just kept the whole 95 dash it would all be plug and play

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Did he say anything about fuel mileage?

Good thing about a PSD swap is that PSD's are starting to go super cheap these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online