Project Mosquito Control...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock and play dumb. =D not sure. Whatever they let me hookup in.
LOL:rotflmao

I don't know $hitte about IH stuff but I'm pretty sure that never sat between the frame rails from the factory. You never know. You have obscurity on your side. Just an old IH truck, how strong could it be. Might get away with that once. Where I come from its a pretty small community. You might fool people once until you beat them. Then... not so much. But is sure is fun that one time. ;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I told them I just lifted my scout with the 6.9. the cloud of black smoke made them throw me in the "mod" class. yeah, I kept up but took a beating. I at least want some fenders through the gate with the 466.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, very impressive work! Your fab work is what I would consider way overkill, but I don't have the patience to do what you are doing. Truly beautiful!!! Its a crying shame that people will have to crawl under it to see that artwork! Keep it up!

Overkill... Did U Miss That Part About 500HP DT466?? lol

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I hadn't seen this project in forever!! Looking good, you're getting there!!

I don't know about where you're at, but in Indiana the maximum displacement is 460c.i. to pull.. if I was you I would get some 436 tags to slap on it! and hope they don't slap a displacement checker on it... 500 h.p. is nothing for one of these engines; she'll last 500k miles like that

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Got the engine stripped down to block and rotating assembly.

You must be registered for see images

Good place to sore parts

Saved another IH. Dropped it off at a friends place to sell/part out.

Time to do a little boxing where the engine will be twisting....

That's it for now, waiting on the flange yokes for the rears.......

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like boxing the frame there; it'll save you a bunch of time in the long term! If you need any spare motor accessories we just had a 466 lock up on us (electrolysis I assume, haven't tore into her yet) and we replaced it with another so we have mix-match of combine/truck parts.

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was an 88 out of a international 1680 combine; the one out of the truck that we took some accessories off of.. it was a pre-aftercooled one.. other than that I'm not sure. If you could find a block-mounted aftercooler off of a 1680 combine it would be really sweet for that truck!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
what's the front engine cover look like on the combine 466? I think the waterneck is in a different spot. I have a intercooler from a medium duty IH truck.

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah the engine cover is different in about 50 different ways; I don't remember the waterneck being any different though.. I'm almost certain it's not to be honest. Oh okay, I was just gonna say with the intergral intercooler you would have absolutely zero lag lol

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Slow progress with work and snow.... blahhh.

Crossmember done.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Got a bunch of little stuff done, got the "studs" through the tcase crossmember.

separated and cleaned rear springs, some rusteloum and graphite paint and new nylon sliders.

Trimmed the ends of the helpers so they look the same

Heavy shackles for the front from ruff stuff

got the flange yokes!

Drug the frame outside, made an appointment to have it shot peened, taking the rears to get setup tonight to have them setup. Going to tear down the engine all the way to replace the liner bands and measure the pistons.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I searched high and low for 1410 yokes, the "good" ones are strap caps, the cheap ones you can get u bolts but they're no brand over seas junk. So these are the same style as a new super duty that'll use 1410 u joints and will press into the other piece so the joints won't be able to flex. Plus I'm matching the drive shafts front and rear so if I snap the rear I can throw on the front on to get home!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance