Project Jerry

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all know the point when a project snowballs. When you reach the point where it’s “well I’m already here my as well....”

Well I got the gtx3582r all set into place and with the cdr moved I sure have a lot of room on the drivers side.
You must be registered for see images attach

And I’ve talked about doing compounds before... and I have a billet s366 that’s been on the shelf unused for far too long... so.

Started by making a little bracket just to place the turbo and visualize the work.

Well not bad, pulled some intercooler piping out and mocked up the hotside piping.

Not bad, just need a 3” u bend and a t4 flange. Cold side wouldn’t be hard either. I’d run an external wastegate off the passenger side of the crossover to feed into the atmospheric charger, and it would be a pretty straight shot....

Even with the big pump that’s on here I wouldn’t quite have enough fuel to take full advantage of these chargers, but it would be perfect for the db4 that I am developing, and I was going to drop that on this truck in the future...

I don’t know. I’ll sleep on it and see how much my mind is changed in the morning. I did get the rest of the injector lines done and ported the 093 intake hat. You can see just how much I can be opened up, here’s an 093 outlet sitting inside the hat where it used to be a tight fit

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the compounds are staying. I got all the piping mocked up and made a list of everything I need to get ordered so I can fire it up before it goes into the truck.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
e9f7fa30-259e-4c46-8d58-b622818f28b6-jpeg.118104

:Thumbs Up

Are you going to run the exhaust out the hood? Where's the intercooler going to be placed?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where the exhaust is going to go yet, going to try and get it down the drivers side then across to the 5” on the passenger side. The piping the way I have it is just for the rest fire on the my test stand, I’ll have one of my water to air intercooler kits on this truck

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean/paint that darn intake snail. Come on you amateur!

Kidding of course, just looks out of place with all the rest being so "complete". Looks great! Small opposing colors like the valve cover spreaders really pop in my opinion

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm jelous it's an aweoawe build I hope one day i can have the time to build the project's I want I like the compound set up you are building I had a set up. Off a duraturd but sold it instead of putting it on the 7.3 Iv been working on putting together for 5 months

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I would want to do pre orders especially this early. It would be more likely I do a group buy opportunity for those who are interested in getting the first batch that are made a month or two before they are available.

Personally, I wouldn’t put compounds on a na block, it’s kinda a waste because with the right turbo combo you can easily run the biggest db4 pumps, which would scatter an na block. I wouldn’t run it with less than 130cc of fuel. The kit will just comprise of the piping and plumbing, but I can help you size the turbos for your application. This particular combo of turbos is good up to 500 hp at the wheels, but would need a lot of fuel to reach there.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the motor I have been working is a nap but I have 2 idit motors in my dad's garage he keeps complaining about to be honest I'm looking for good power and keep the reliability while pulling my camper and the random loads I do very regularly

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d build the idit engines then, the na engines are great but if you make decent power with them they tend to kick a rod at 350-450hp