Project Big Red

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to pull the plate and drill it to size as soon as I see what my oil pressure is.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I know my rig runs at max about 50-60 psi I'd is cold (until engine warms up), then maxes out at about 40 psi warm at cruise/WOT and about 20 psi at idle. Just curious, do they list a minimum pressure for the turbo?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the debacle of the rear seatbelts, time to move on. I pulled the cloth off the headliner and started cleaning the foam off. 30 min in....

You must be registered for see images attach

Another 30 mins later...

Wire brush works as good as anything I've seen. My arm is tired though. I fixed a couple pealing places around the edge of the board with the adhesive for the headliner. This is going to be interesting. Been a long time since I've done one. Off to YouTube I go.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you need maroon headliner material, I'm your man. LOL

I have two extra rolls that were the wrong color. Just a little darker than I wanted. Company screwed up... twice ...

I watched a couple videos. I think I can do it myself but with a little help from the wife I think it's no sweat.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck bed is decent. I don't think it's as good as that one though. I've got a little rust repair to do to it. Man... I suppose that's payback for dropping the camper in your lap. LOL

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's over 4x what A truck bed was going for here I was looking at and it came with lights bumper and tailgate, no rust and bedlined already! I see them daily go for 300$. 900$ I could buy a whole clean parts truck

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Round 1.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Round 2....

Here are the mounts for the overhead. I did 1.25" angle and cut it and bent it to the contour of the headliner roughly.

I wrapped it with headliner material and glue.

The mounts go into the internal brace in the cab roof with 1.25" long # 14 sheet metal screws. 4 of them. The console bolts to the brackets via 3 10-32 screws tapped into the al angle. You can see the tapped holes through the reliefs in the fabric.

Here they are mounted. You can see how much headliner I had to take out for switch clearance.

Pig tail is a molex connector on the end and the ground is under one of the mount screws.

Did it like this so it's easy to remove for service.

Here it is installed. I used black screws so it looks like trim. The brackets are hidden nicely and it looks great to me.

Headliner shots. Hard to see in the dark.

So that's that. Now to finish the rest of the trim. I glued one piece back together.

I also jacked the truck up and worked the wheel back and forth. I still think it's heavy to the left even off the ground but it puked fluid all over the floor (it was a little over full in anticipation of burping a little air and that's when I decided I'd had enough.