Project Big Blue

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s another engine I’m building, GTX4088r on an R&D turbo kit and some other goodies.
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Ah, R&D. I could see that there's a logo on them, but I couldn't read it even by enlarging the picture. I'm not the most up to date on Justin's offerings. Nothing against him and no opinions on the subject of his departure. I just prefer to support vendors on here first. I may buy things from him in the future if I decide to go with a higher powered engine build.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some time this evening to install some more dried parts and work on the last few small things to to get it ready for the test stand. I’m running by fastenal in the morning to pick up some new hardware for the water pump and intake manifold that I don’t have here, but it’s shaping up into an engine now.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It's getting there. Would it have been easier to install the intake manifold bolts before the injector pump went on? I've always put them in first so I don't know. Since the injector lines aren't installed yet, I guess you could move them a little bit to the side.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have been, but I don’t have the right length bolts here and this last weekend the flu swept through our household so I have been staying close to home keeping an eye on the sick kiddos. They won’t be hard to put in with the pump still being loose it can rotate quite a bit

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

Do you mind telling me what size the large square pipe plug is for the drivers side coolant port? I'm ready to plumb my temp gauge but I can't fish the correct size wrench in there.

I'm just interested in what size open end wrench or 8 point socket fits on there.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the assembled T04Z in place and the up pipes bolted in place and sealed. Working on the downpipe currently, I won’t have the wastegate delete flanges cut out till after the new year so making the flange by hand. Also finished up some small things like getting the coolant temp sensor in, lemon cover sealed up, return lines made and installed, and got the cooling system complete just need to set the oil cooler on and fill it up with some oil. Intake manifold has all new hardware, as well as the water pump, both torqued to spec.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the new GTX3582 drop in supercore assembled for some pictures for the website then set up on the engine. Specs on this turbo is 61/85/82, 4” anti surge inlet and 2.5” outlet. This turbo will be sold on the store with an intercooled cover like this one, or the stock cover machined for the 3582 wheel for non intercooled setups, journal bearing center section or ball bearing center section, and can be sold as a super core to drop into the factory turbine housing without a core charge or can come with a turbine housing already machined for the stage V wheel. Pretty excited to see how turbo performs, it’s a solid step past the T series compressor wheel design like the 60-1, and this setup should be very responsive for a towing rig like big blue.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plan is to, last weekend the flu swept through our household and caught up to me earlier this week despite quarantining myself in the shop away from the warzone as best I could, and I ended up getting the wastegate delete flange finished, but went to install it and found I had welded the tube onto the inside of the flange, so I feel pretty dumb for that.

I decided that to keep the ball rolling im going to run the stock elbow and outlet for now, get the truck running and the intercooler and intake piping started at the fab guy’s shop where we can cut out the flanges with his cnc plasma and have him tig weld it and the downpipe. It will be a better product than what I can produce even on a non-sick day and it will be an accurate test on the dyno of the exact products I’m going to be selling ;Sweet