Problems with WMO?? Please Help!

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
I know alot of yall are running WMO in your trucks, and I have a BIG problem!! I just made a recent batch, which is 45 gal of oil to 15 gal of k1. Well I think I may have got a good amount of syn oil in this batch. Mine and my moms fuel filters are lasting like 3 days then the trucks are bogging down and wont have any power. As soon as I change the filter everything is all good! I still have close to 30 gal left and I really dont want to pour it out! Is there anyway to filter out the syn oil so I can quite killing my fuel filters??

By the way my filters are running 10-11 bux and hers are 30 bux!

Would running the fuel through an oil filter work? It should caught most of the crap, right? If im understanding the reasoning behind syn oil, it traps the crud so it can be filtered out, and not sink the the bottom of your pan right?

Anyways PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Unless you're heating the WMO mix before it hits the filter head, you need to thin it out to a 50/50 mix. ROund these parts the ambient temps aren't enough to heat up the mix. I've gotted away with 6 gallons of WMO to 5 gallons of K1 and that seemed to be the limits on a stock system.

And yep that'll kill a fuel filter real quick.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strange. I've had like zero filter issues since I started running WMO. I also have no idea what my mix is, but it's heavy with ATF and probably some synthetic oils too. I usually dump 30 gallons of junk in the fuel depot each week, and add 5 gallons of diesel here and there. :dunno

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
no problems here except algie ... if you got 30 gallons left add 20 gallons of diesel to it maybe even 1 gallon of gas (have been told up to 10 percent) but first thing first did you filter it??????

I have a peice of fabric over my barrell and you would not belive the crap it catches right out of freshly changed trucks...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea you want to filter the stuff good before it hits your truck tanks. i havent had any issues with clogged filters or running synthetic. if you want a real cheep prefilter you can run it through an old jean pant leg tied at the one end.

did you prefilter the oil?????

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I just bought 2 Wix 24779 filter base $20.31 ea., 1-33439 12 micron filter/water seperator $12.87 and 1-33674 2 micron filter $11.69.

Getting ready to build my WMO still!

;Really Hey that reminded me to get the moonshine still built.;Really

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought 2 Wix 24779 filter base $20.31 ea., 1-33439 12 micron filter/water seperator $12.87 and 1-33674 2 micron filter $11.69.

Getting ready to build my WMO still!

Where did you order your parts? I am looking for the same parts but am not sure where to get them.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
u can go to fleetgaurd or freightshaker dealership and get the filter head pn 3930618s
and get an fs1000 10mic and a ff5319 2mic this is what i run

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just using two regualr PH5 fram oil filters to pre-filter then from that it goes through a house water filter that has a 5 micron rating. I'm thinking I'm going to start using a 1 micron rating just to be safer.

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
Yes, I am prefiltering it. I run all the oil through a 5 gallon paint strainer bag. This is the first batch I have ever had any trouble with! I will see about running it through another filter to be on the safe side.

So running syn oil wont clog my filters like I am thinking, correct?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sythetic oil doesn't plug filters. I would really question the filter bags you are using, and I would definitely think about going to a much lower blend, like 75% diesel until you get through this batch of oil as it seems to be very questionable.

Just because nobody has asked yet: where did you get your WMO?

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
I normally get it from a excavating company, a local garage, and a tree service. This last batch I added some oil a few people had brought by. Thats where I thought my problem was.

Well I drained both trucks of the fuel and filled them back up with pump diesel, to the tune of 387 bux!! I ordered a fuel filter housing for a detroit diesel and 2 micron filters for it. Im gonna rerun the bad fuel and try it again. Hopefully it just didnt get filtered enough the first go around.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I have all the parts, I just need to put it together is all. I'm using 2 Wix filters. One is a Fuel/water separator 10 Micron (replaceable element is $5) and a 2 micron Fuel filter. $13 and some change for that one. A real good idea to filter the oil befor use!JMHO

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've burned all kinds of oil (motor, ATF, gear etc) and never had filter problems. I have run close to 100% WMO at times...

My bet is someone dumped some "nasty stuff" in to the oil drain and it is causing the filter media to swell. Dump this batch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online