Problems with WMO?? Please Help!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I've burned all kinds of oil (motor, ATF, gear etc) and never had filter problems. I have run close to 100% WMO at times...

My bet is someone dumped some "nasty stuff" in to the oil drain and it is causing the filter media to swell. Dump this batch.

What kind of things would clog a filter like that? I'm not doubting you at all, I agree with you, I just cant think of anything that would do that.

I put up an add in craigslist. I have had so many offers from guys wanting me to take there oil away. I've had 3 good hits, one with 2-55 gallon drums, the other two with a 55 gallon drum each, all full of oil. I'm thinking I will spend a day and drive around our trailer with around 8-10 55 gallon drums so I can fill them up all in one get-go ;Sweet. I just gotta figure out a good electric pump to use, I found one at harbor freight, pumps 7gpm (seems a little slow), but its around $160. I'll keep looking.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
What kind of things would clog a filter like that? I'm not doubting you at all, I agree with you, I just cant think of anything that would do that.

I put up an add in craigslist. I have had so many offers from guys wanting me to take there oil away. I've had 3 good hits, one with 2-55 gallon drums, the other two with a 55 gallon drum each, all full of oil. I'm thinking I will spend a day and drive around our trailer with around 8-10 55 gallon drums so I can fill them up all in one get-go ;Sweet. I just gotta figure out a good electric pump to use, I found one at harbor freight, pumps 7gpm (seems a little slow), but its around $160. I'll keep looking.

Justin, if you don't mind doing by hand, Great Plains Industries makes a piston hand pump that pumps 50 gallons per 100 strokes. HP-100-NUL It's rated for fuel and 30wt oil. I just bought mine at tractor supply. I don't think you have a tsc out there but there should be another dealer for them. I figured if you use drums with the 2" bung it would be easier than hooking up an electric pump. Granted you do have to switch it from drum to drum though. Just a thought.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin, if you don't mind doing by hand, Great Plains Industries makes a piston hand pump that pumps 50 gallons per 100 strokes. HP-100-NUL It's rated for fuel and 30wt oil. I just bought mine at tractor supply. I don't think you have a tsc out there but there should be another dealer for them. I figured if you use drums with the 2" bung it would be easier than hooking up an electric pump. Granted you do have to switch it from drum to drum though. Just a thought.

Dang, sounds good. The stroke to pump it one time must be huge to pump a half gallon per pump. Sounds like a PITA, but I might have to give it a shot.

I got ahold of one of the guys, I have a gaurenteed 110 gallons of WMO whenever I can go pick it up. Said it's mostly WMO, but some ATF, and some gas from fuel filter changes (doesnt sound like to much at all). Lets just see how much I can bum off of Russ's 500 gallon tank at his work :D

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Dang, sounds good. The stroke to pump it one time must be huge to pump a half gallon per pump. Sounds like a PITA, but I might have to give it a shot.

I got ahold of one of the guys, I have a gaurenteed 110 gallons of WMO whenever I can go pick it up. Said it's mostly WMO, but some ATF, and some gas from fuel filter changes (doesnt sound like to much at all). Lets just see how much I can bum off of Russ's 500 gallon tank at his work :D

I use a similar pump for transferring wvo, except I went to those cheap rotory barrel pumps. about $13or so at HF I've got one nasty one for the raw stuff and a clean one for putting the filtered stuff into the vehicles. After having a couple of expensive electric pumps fold on me , I found those barrell pumps work real nice :D

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got me a 2" trash pump with a 4 hp engine that I gotta service and a friend told me last night that I can use a spare electric pump/filter setup he has. I got 11 empty drums atm and will be getting 4+ 275 gal containers as soon as I find a place for them. I'll be in fluid heaven soon

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been trying to find a good pump to pump WMO but dont really know what i should be looking for or where to look. We dont have Tractor Supply so my options seem limited. Anyone have a link to a good one they recommend.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you are looking for is a fuel transfer pump. Harbor Freight sells cheapos. W W Grainger sells them. Any commercial auto parts store can get them or knows where locally

farmerscotty

Reaction score
I filter oil thru 5 yes 5 filters by gravity..........4 1 micron water filters and one 10 micron filter with water trap (goldenrod). I mix roughly 50.50 year round and have not had any trouble. been using just atf but adding some wmo to it along but not much. gravity filtering is in my head the key since it takes it time thru the filters.......I mix 50.50 before I filter alot of times. I am going to build a stand with 3 35 gallon drums and have them lean back a little and gravity filter from one to the next . I really think a person needs to do over kill on filtering......as 1 micron water filters are 1.76 each when I buy them like 25-30 at a time.

running fuel in tractors, trucks, dozer, no ill effects after 1.5 years.

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waste motor oil

How do you use waste motor oil? Do you mean the stuff I drain out of my car and trucks? Standard and Synth??

How is this done? I want in.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
How do you use waste motor oil? Do you mean the stuff I drain out of my car and trucks? Standard and Synth??

How is this done? I want in.

You pour it into your tank and burn it ;Sweet

Most perfer standard oil. The main consensus is that you get the oil, then you filter it down, some go to 5 micron, others to 1 micron, some not at all (Mel LOL). Then you mix it with diesel and burn it.

Unless your changing your oil a couple times a day, you need to get a source of WMO...just look around.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i got pn 3930618s, but what is the pipe size on it. Im having a real issue finding a pipe that fits in it. Thanks

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
The original topic,

I know alot of yall are running WMO in your trucks, and I have a BIG problem!! I just made a recent batch, which is 45 gal of oil to 15 gal of k1. Well I think I may have got a good amount of syn oil in this batch. Mine and my moms fuel filters are lasting like 3 days then the trucks are bogging down and wont have any power. As soon as I change the filter everything is all good! I still have close to 30 gal left and I really dont want to pour it out! Is there anyway to filter out the syn oil so I can quite killing my fuel filters??

By the way my filters are running 10-11 bux and hers are 30 bux!

Would running the fuel through an oil filter work? It should caught most of the crap, right? If im understanding the reasoning behind syn oil, it traps the crud so it can be filtered out, and not sink the the bottom of your pan right?

Anyways PLEASE HELP!!!!!

LCjeff here,
Maybe water?
I use a water block stock filter, it will get blocked solid, as I hear.
Perhaps you could evaporate the water off instead of throwing it all out?

Respectively

LCjeff

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my setup, just a 55 gal drum, a hand pump, and a filter setup from tractor supply with a water block. Total cost-about $45, Telling your friends you drive for free-priceless....

Attachments

• Oil Setup.jpg
    Oil Setup.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online

No members online now.