Power Window question

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger side window in my 93 has never worked right and I havent been able to figure it out yet. I got a new set of door panels so I have it apart right now and maybe you guys can help me get it working smooth. The motor and mechanism works fine but when I try to put the window down it ***** to the side and gets stuck. If I push down on the upper rear corner of the glass it goes down smooth and fast. Going back up is no problem. I have had everything apart and even changed the rubbers and it still does it. The window seems loose as I can move it side to side but dont see how I can tighten it up. Any ideas guys?

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
It sounds like the rubber weatherstrip is kinda messed up. There is a rail that the window rides on that attaches to the vent window post (kinda is the vent window post) that can be "adjusted" (bent) a little to tighten up the fit. Another trick is to get some silicone spray and soak the cheannels that the window rides in really good. If that doesnt work its time to find some new weather stripping.
Ken

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
On my 89 crewcab all the windows have an adjustable track. Its near the opening of the door panel behind the door opener lever. You will find a 7/16 head bolt. Loosen that and reach inside the door and move the track tighter against the window. It will take a few trys but it will fix the issues...:sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online

No members online now.