Photos for magazine

97rattlebox

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Mike McGlothlin from Diesel Power Magazine. We are working on a Ford IDI story and seek photos from you guys to put in the magazine. Any '83-'94 Fords in decent to excellent condition would be great. I appreciate any feedback and photos you guys give me. My email address is listed below. Thanks.

P.S. - We prefer photos at least 1MB in size for the magazine

Mike McGlothlin
Diesel Power Magazine
[email protected]

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Mike, Welcome to the site! We appreciate your interest in our classic diesels. I just got my Diesel Power Magzine in the mail today, That killed about 2 hours,...

I just got back from the annual IDI Rally, there will be more pics coming as more of the attendees make it home. I did not have a chance to take a bunch of pics but a lot of guys did, and they will get them to you.

Here is a 4 minute video of the 2005 Rally that you can check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2YQrbMjgHU&feature=user

My truck did not make that rally however you can take a look at the makeover video to see what the truck is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r62RJValMQ8&feature=related

Even though the truck has since received a 12Valve Cummins Conversion.

Thanks again for your interest, You came to the right place for information, pics, bunch of nice trucks and a great community.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great.... I hope you have a big inbox Mike, because this crowd has been hoping for this kind of chance for a while. I'd expect more pics than you will be able to use.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Welcome, if you have any question for us 6.9/7.3 IDI'ers dont hesitate to ask. Email sent with description of my truck and picture of it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
This is great.... I hope you have a big inbox Mike, because this crowd has been hoping for this kind of chance for a while. I'd expect more pics than you will be able to use.

What he said, I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures in the next couple days, I'm doing whatever it takes to get my truck into that magazine ;Sweet :D

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
here's a couple, if you like what you see, i can get any picture you want of my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Mel Agne's "Moose Truck" should be a top candidate, as well as Justin's truck (FordGuy100), as well as Ryan Eklund's 94? (I believe). Those are the top runners of this group if you ask me.
I'd send you pics of a couple of my families trucks, but we drive them so often, we hardly get to keep them looking nice, and I grew up building show cars and if it isnt perfect, Im not taking a pic of it. lol
Now if you're interested in doing a story about the restoration of one of these beasts, here in a couple months we should have my grandpas '83 F250 finished. Its not really anything special, but it has a cool story, the original 6.9 engine ran over 600,000 miles with the original GP's, and the injectors and IP were rebuilt by a local shop once in '87 and never touched again. The other cool aspect of this truck would be connected with my grandpa, him being the first to build a diesel Ford pickup back in the '60's. Popular mechanics came out to the farm as well as Ford execs to look over the truck. My grandpa may have been the deciding factor for Ford to produce a diesel truck, because they told him Ford "really couldnt see any reason for making a diesel powered truck", and he argued with them and took them around the community until he convinced them the were desperately wanted.
If you want to do an article about that '83 he purchased then I'll start getting stuff together for ya.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Oops, didnt see you guys had posted already, Mel and Justin. I guess I took to long to write that up. lol

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sent Mike an email with two more pics and volunteered my truck for a road test. Think he'll take me up on it? I know it'll roll more coal than a new 6.4!!

Ryan

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Thank you, its about time LOL I eagerly await for my new issue every month, hoping to see some IDI stuff. Are you guys going to do any tech or build-up articles? I hope so, there are still alot of these good old trucks out there on the road ;Sweet Rob and Justin get my vote, two of my favorite trucks on this site, nice trucks guys :hail

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Or this one. Amy need to take 1 more a few seconds later. I think that was the finest burnout I've ever done.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    640.3 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online