Performance

FordGuy100

Reaction score
With DPS injectors his truck made 13psi of boost. With moose injectors it shot past 15psi. When you go past that 12-13 psi mark the air is super heated and will net you less power, which is what happened. A bigger turbo or intercoolwer would have offset that to make just as much if not more power than the DPS injectors.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
With DPS injectors his truck made 13psi of boost. With moose injectors it shot past 15psi. When you go past that 12-13 psi mark the air is super heated and will net you less power, which is what happened. A bigger turbo or intercoolwer would have offset that to make just as much if not more power than the DPS injectors.

so were the motors identical other than injectors?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
which IP and turbo?

I think at this point I am probably going to use the DPS pump I bought, and new delphi BB's.

Moose pump for the IP, Banks Sidewinder for the turbo...you can check it out here. Heath also ran the DPS IP/Injectors and Moose Pump/DPS injectors. Pretty thorough dyno'ing!

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I guess here is my only other question i can think of at this point. In your findings/opinions (speaking to people that used them)... are the DPS injectors bad? or just not as good as the Misters?

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Moose pump for the IP, Banks Sidewinder for the turbo...you can check it out here. Heath also ran the DPS IP/Injectors and Moose Pump/DPS injectors. Pretty thorough dyno'ing!

interesting... and the reason that is, is because I personally know a person that was/is pushing 18psi from the sidewinder system, on a 6.9, with factory injectors and a turned up turbo IP.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
interesting... and the reason that is, is because I personally know a person that was/is pushing 18psi from the sidewinder system, on a 6.9, with factory injectors and a turned up turbo IP.

I think Mel posted that the 15psi gauge on Heath's truck was pegged with Moose products! 13 PSI is still pretty high if you read through many posts.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess here is my only other question i can think of at this point. In your findings/opinions (speaking to people that used them)... are the DPS injectors bad? or just not as good as the Misters?

I think if you search on here, you will find many topics on DPS stuff...many are gripes about trying to reach DPS for problems and being unable to do so. Moose misters aren't cheap and thus there aren't a ton of them in use, so that in and of itself is a limiting factor for many. I have a new set of Delphi's waiting to go in mine when the turbo goes on...which I need to get shipped to Russ for a rebuild! :) But then again, my truck is in no way, shape or form ever going to be a go fast truck...but I do like to move some heavy loads!

I'm not affiliated with either product either. I hope Mel, Russ and others continue to work towards better products for our trucks. Maybe someday I'll find a nice crew cab and want to put those types of goodies under the hood!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The run with the misters Heath made was with the parking brake on... Someone forgot to release it so that could be why the hp was differant between both runs. I'm surprised nobody remembered that...:D:dunno

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score

18psi SCHM18psi.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The run with the misters Heath made was with the parking brake on... Someone forgot to release it so that could be why the hp was differant between both runs. I'm surprised nobody remembered that...:D:dunno

Lol really? dang.

Atomized *misted* fuel burns easier and more completely than a liquid **** stream. The precup may be hot enough to evaporate some diesel but phase changing takes time so you'll have fuel left over still going after the main combustion.. the diesel has to get hot enough to evaporate whereas with proper injectors its already there. Does he just remove the pintle or hit it with a punch or what :rotflmao? 2000 rpm idle is to keep the engine running smoother but that also consumes more fuel. what is his IP governed for?

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score

perhaps that accounts for the higher boost numbers???

2000 rpm idle is to keep the engine running smoother but that also consumes more fuel. what is his IP governed for?

who said anything about 2,000rpm idle. thats where you set the timing at.

IP he built for me is 3400rpm gov.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah disregard that then i probably msiread. 3400 is good ;Sweet

if the parking brake was on then the dps has no chance cause those numbers arent too far apart 180 vs 165 or so if i remember in the graphs of dps pump and injectors vs dps pump and moose misters.

Last edited: