Performance

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parking brake on = more engine load, more engine load = more fuel, more fuel = more boost... Somethings not right there, the numbers should have been higher. Yes, the intake charge may have gotten a little on the toasty side, but, the increase in boost pressure should have more than overcame any losses due to the hotter intake charge. If his EGT's weren't out of control, changes in the charge temp weren't enough to worry about.
Non I/C cummins pushing the baby H1C into the 40+ PSI range still make more power than they did at 30 psi, a bigger charger will do it with much more manageable temps and a bit less boost, but it'll still make power.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the parking brake incident, but that was on the first of the 3 runs. Once the dyno operator figured out what that smell was, they released the brake and ran it again. I don't think the numbers with the brake on where ever posted, but you would have to check with heath on that.

As a side note... a personal gripe about dyno operators. It's been my personal observation, that unless you have an automatic trans, and never use your parking break, the guys who drive these trucks on the dyno's are totally out of their element. Between screwing up with Heaths truck, and grinding gears on Jon's Scout, no dyno operator will ever touch any of my rigs. They spend 99% of their time dyno'ing Superduties and Rams and the guys who own those never seem to use their parking brakes because they are disc and don't work worth a squat anyway. Just my opinion of course. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Does he just remove the pintle or hit it with a punch or what :rotflmao? ...

I can't speak for Ken's manufacturing technique, but the "appearance" of them, is that they have been ground away. I believe what he is trying to achive is a larger clearance between the injector nozzle body bore, and the pintle that usually pokes through that same hole.

Moose Mister nozzles are machined with the EDM process. And while I know absolutely nothing other than what I read posting that link for you, it's clear to me it's a very expensive thing to get into. Since I can't offer my supplier a high volume of sales, I have to pay piecemeal prices.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I can't speak for Ken's manufacturing technique, but the "appearance" of them, is that they have been ground away. I believe what he is trying to achive is a larger clearance between the injector nozzle body bore, and the pintle that usually pokes through that same hole.

he told me that he basically furthers the difference between the BB and G codes, making a larger clearance as you stated... basically making them dump fuel out when they pop.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Ohh Yeah, back yard engineering. Just what You need in Your High Performance rig.

We've been there, done that.

Like I said, Good Luck.

When You get frustrated with that kind of crap. You'll be back. 'Cause Ken will be no where to be found.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if i am running a banks turbo system...and i add BB injectors and a moose pump, and an intercooler, what should i expect to see from the truck

Seat of the pants, torgue of the line?

I know actual numbers are vague at best:dunno

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will i need head studs if i only add a moose pump, bb's, and intercooler? Shoot i dont even know if my turbo is wastegated?

Well it sounds like you are trying to get as much as possible out of your set-up, if your going to push it, you need to make sure she will take it. Im going to have headstuds on mine running N/A. I wouldnt think twice about them on a turbo motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.